Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bronchitis....again?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:18 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 156 Total Views

Connor is coughing and is all congested AGAIN. A month ago he had bronchitis! I'm confused though because he doesn't want to sleep and when he's sick he wants to sleep LOL I am calling the doctor in the morning. I just want to make sure it's not something more serious than a cold. My poor child seems to get sick all the time! :(

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
SophieLee
by Group Admin on Jul. 26, 2010 at 3:31 AM

Oh no!!! Poor baby... I hope he feels better soon...

hlsnklsx2
by Group Admin on Jul. 26, 2010 at 9:29 AM

i hope he feels better soon.  

Jemia
by Group Admin on Jul. 26, 2010 at 10:05 AM

hope connor feels better soon

jbishop928
by Group Admin on Jul. 26, 2010 at 2:04 PM

The dr said it's just a cold...but if his symptoms persist or get worse to go back... hopefully it doesn't get worse! it's SUMMER...not time to be sick!! haha!

hanna06
by Group Admin on Jul. 26, 2010 at 6:14 PM
poor little guy, hopefully his cold will pass soon. How is he doing today? I am late seeing your post, I hope he's gotten better by now.
jbishop928
by Group Admin on Jul. 26, 2010 at 6:29 PM

He's doing okay. He just wants to walk around and suck his thumb! LOL

Mama_Apple
by Member on Jul. 26, 2010 at 6:37 PM

You may have them do a chest xray just to see if there is any pneumonia. My DS had a 'croupy cough' then got it again 2 weeks later but we were with a new Ped. and she suggested the xray. I thought he wasn't acting sick, just coughing a bit during the day and not sleeping at night (screaming/crying/etc.) but didn't seem very sick.

He ended up having pneumonia and now I think he probably had it the first time we took him to the old Ped. and the steroid stuff they gave him just masked it for a while.

The Ped. said you can't always hear it in their lungs when they are small (DS is almost 9 mos. now) so you have to do an xray to find it sometimes.

jbishop928
by Group Admin on Jul. 26, 2010 at 10:14 PM

When we went a month ago he had a chest x-ray. She said it could've led to pneumonia so I'm keeping a close eye on him! If it's not any better by the end of the week I'm DEFINITELY going back! I feel so bad for him! The ER dr wasn't much help! But base was filled up. If It's not better by Thursday he's going back. That'll be about a week since it all started. I wish he didn't catch everything :(

Quoting Mama_Apple:

You may have them do a chest xray just to see if there is any pneumonia. My DS had a 'croupy cough' then got it again 2 weeks later but we were with a new Ped. and she suggested the xray. I thought he wasn't acting sick, just coughing a bit during the day and not sleeping at night (screaming/crying/etc.) but didn't seem very sick.

He ended up having pneumonia and now I think he probably had it the first time we took him to the old Ped. and the steroid stuff they gave him just masked it for a while.

The Ped. said you can't always hear it in their lungs when they are small (DS is almost 9 mos. now) so you have to do an xray to find it sometimes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)