Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why are diapers trashy??

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:18 PM
  • 51 Replies
  • 997 Total Views

I've seen several posts about how moms would never take their babies out in public in just a diaper, that they would always put clothes on them. Pssh, Im sorry but it gets HOT here, and when it gets 100 degrees out, Im not going to cook my kiddo just to make sure everyone sees his cute outfit! What is so wrong about letting a baby run around in a diaper?!

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JAIRATRACI
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:26 PM

I see nothing wrong with babies running around in just a diaper. I live in TX though so that may have something to do with it.

Jonathan101909
by Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:28 PM
As long as you have sunscreen I don't care! Ive had my son out in a shirt.and diaper when its hot!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jonathan101909
by Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:29 PM
As long as you have sunscreen I don't care! Ive had my son out in a shirt.and diaper when its hot!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mlssgaede
by Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:37 PM

the same reason you wouldnt go out in your under wear! At the very least put a pair of shorts over the diaper. JMHO

mylilprincesses
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:40 PM

well for one there are alot of perverts out there and just b/c he or she is a baby why is it any different than a toddler or an adult.let my girls run around in there diaper at home but in public they must wear clothes 

pjnuts21
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:45 PM

girls i could see needing a shirt, but shorts dont cover much more than the diaper so why add the extra layer?

JenniferZiemba
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:49 PM

I think it just depends on where your going.  If your playing outside I don't see anything wrong with it.  But I wouldn't take my baby to the grocery store in just a diaper.

hlsnklsx2
by Group Admin on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:55 PM

I see nothing wrong with it. I let my daughter run around in just a diaper in the yard or house. When I go out I like to dress her cute and put bows in her hair, but I usually just put a light summer dress on her with out the diaper cover so you still see the diaper. If it gets super hot then I jsut put a tank top on her (since the car seat straps get hot) and just a diaper.

jbishop928
by Group Admin on Aug. 8, 2010 at 1:52 AM

I always put clothes on Connor when we go out in public. I dress him in lightweight clothes. At home he runs around in a diaper a lot. The other night he was running around completely naked lol. He's working on potty training so being naked is so much fun to him right now!

crazymama0286
by Member on Aug. 8, 2010 at 1:54 AM

I couldn't imagine letting my son out in just a diaper.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)