Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Biggest scare of my life (so far)

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:04 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 178 Total Views
So we were having a bit of quiet time after snacks this afternoon, Gavin busy with his hot wheels and Liam sitting quietly behind our curtains in the dining room. After several minutes passed I got up to check on Liam and he must have heard me coming because he whipped open the curtains in a peekaboo motion but instead of seeing my cutie, I saw the biggest FREAKING spider scurry away from where Liam was sitting!!!! YIPES!! I instantly killed the spider and then wrestled Liam down onto the linoleum so I could check him over and over again. Oh my gosh, that was way too much to handle on a Monday : (
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BBsPinkDReams
by Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:06 AM

Ick I hate spiders.... Good thing he is ok though

barmelino
by Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:14 AM

yeah- I'd pass on that too.... I hate spiders!  Your son didn't know it was there? My luck would be that my son would be playing with it lol.

HTMommy
by Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:21 AM
Hahaha I'm not laughing at you just the situation my kids are weird they don't like spiders mainly because I am terrified of them! So if there is one on the floor they are stepping on it and come tell me. But if its anywhere else like the wall they won't go anywhere near it. My oldest almost got a huge one on him the other day bc he wasn't paying attention and almost walked into its web it was GROSS
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jbishop928
by Group Admin on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:54 AM

ahhhh I'd be freaking out! I can't stand spiders!!!!! We live in a very small town so it's kind of in the country and there are spiders and mice outside!!! There's a stray cat that my friend who lives 3 doors down feeds and he comes and hangs out in my yard. NO PROBLEM THERE!!! LOL!!! He kills the mice in our yards!! But spiders.....you should see me spray around my windows and doors LOL!!!

angelmom713
by Group Admin on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:47 AM

OMG!  I HATE spiders!!!!

SophieLee
by Group Admin on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:52 AM

freaky..... has your blood pressure returned to normal yet? LOL

stepof5
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2010 at 3:36 PM

How scary. I'm with the crowd and hate spiders too.

Jemia
by Group Admin on Sep. 1, 2010 at 4:32 PM

I would've been freaking out but I'm glad your son is ok.

dnhines2002
by Member on Sep. 2, 2010 at 8:57 AM
Omg!! I am a big coward when it comes to anything with more than two legs I would still be looking around and itching from just the sight of one in the house let alone by my child...lol glad he's ok.
Mama32309
by Member on Sep. 2, 2010 at 9:02 AM
AHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Quoting angelmom713:

OMG!  I HATE spiders!!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)