Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cannot Get Ready Of a Morning! HELP!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:17 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 134 Total Views

OMG. My 20mo old will not allow me to get ready of a morning. He used to do really good by laying in my bed while I Showered and now not so much. He must be in the shower with me or wants me to lay with him while he rest in my bed. Ughhh Help, I dont mind him being in the shower with me but then he cries b/c the water is in his face. I can't shower at night b/c my hair gets way too greasy.And my hubby isn't waking me of a morning to get ready. Oh and I didnt say I bed hop at night b/c he wakes still at like 430 for a bottle.....yes I said bottle. I am trying to break them but it is rough. Any suggestions................

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
gabljb2822
by Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:26 AM
Does he sleep in a crib at night? Liam did the early bottle thing and I just used to bring it to him and go back to bed. If I needed to take a shower, I'd put him in his crib with some toys and do my thing. I obviously don't know you're child but he will not suffer in his crib if you need a shower! Plus if you do it often enough he'll start to become a little more independent. I had to do all this and more with Liam because he was a cling monster!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelmom713
by Group Admin on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:46 AM

HUGS!  Peyton still takes a bottle every now and then.  The dr knows and says its FINE!  Don't beat yourself up about the bottle!

Hope it gets better!

SophieLee
by Group Admin on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:00 PM

Well, I would suggest that he plays on the outside of the shower.. Or like pp said, leave him in the crib. I am pretty sure that you can do a shower in like 10 mins so that will not kill him... Other than that, maybe get up earlier or gate off his room and let him play about while you are in the shower. I am confortable with that but I have baby proffed just a tad too much... LOL

jbishop928
by Group Admin on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:27 PM

When I am home alone with Connor and need to shower I used to put him in his crib while I showered. He was fine in there. I'd put a couple books and toys in there with him. Now he's in a big boy bed so it's a little more difficult. He's been staying in his bed so I don't think it'd be a problem if I showered while he was in his bed. I try to shower while he naps. I've been working out in the morning and by the time I'm done with that and lunch and stuff it's nap time so I shower then. We have a bath tub in the bathroom that's between our room and his room so sometimes I just take a bath and let him play with his toys in his room.

sjohnston0607
by New Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:16 PM

Well girls here is the problem. He sleeps in his Full size bed. So crib is not possible b/c he was climbing out. The other problem with leaving him in our room or his room while I shower is he screams. And on top of that we have a stand up shower in our room not a bath/shower. LOL. I at this point have like threatened my husband lol. He must wake me so I can get ready.

angelmom713
by Group Admin on Sep. 17, 2010 at 11:40 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)