Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hurricane EARL!!!!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:43 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 178 Total Views

Who is on the East Coast?  Is anyone worried about this hurricane?  Will affect anyones Weekend/Labor Day Plans??????

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
SophieLee
by Group Admin on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:04 PM

There is a hurricane... Shit.. I guess I really do need tv... LOL

jbishop928
by Group Admin on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:21 PM

Hopefully everyone getting effected by this is safe!!!

ANGIE613
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:33 PM

I am really close to the East Coast in Florida but we shouldn't be affected by it no more than lots of rain.  I was hoping we would get hit because that would mean Olivia and I would be on the next plane home to Chicago.  We have been down here in FL for almost 4 yrs now and no hurricanes... (although we do call Olivia, Hurricane Olivia, LOL)

ComotionGirl
by Group Owner on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:37 PM

Its supposed to hit the beach near where we will be, this weekend.  We are still going.  If it gets bad we will just go home.  The water will be REALLY rough so the only thing it should really affect is my daughter body surfing in the waves. 

hlsnklsx2
by Group Admin on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:30 PM

It is supposed to be hitting our area too. We live on the east coast in VA. I am a little worried and they are already talking about opening shelters in our area. Who knows. I just hope it deosn't turn out the like Isabel that we had a few years ago. That was horrible. 

hlsnklsx2
by Group Admin on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:34 PM

Oh and as of now if it stays more east of us and we just get the rain then I will be happy, even though i hate rain!

HTMommy
by Member on Sep. 1, 2010 at 9:30 AM
I'm in jersey right next to philly so all we'll see is wind but I tagged your comment bc our weather report said va and the carolinas will get the worst of it bc of the positioning of it. Also said the heat wave we're having will slow it down some. Good luck to ya'll who are closer. Send some of the rain my way! Lol
Oh and comotion when we went to seaside it was bad rip currents there and they allowed ankle deep swimming basically to where your feet can't touch the bottom BUT boogie/body/surf boarding were all allowed without restriction bc its viewed as a personal raft/life preserver so have fun anyway

Quoting hlsnklsx2:

It is supposed to be hitting our area too. We live on the east coast in VA. I am a little worried and they are already talking about opening shelters in our area. Who knows. I just hope it deosn't turn out the like Isabel that we had a few years ago. That was horrible. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NavyWifey122305
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 11:17 AM

on the west coast here..... didnt know anything about a hurricane, but then again ever since i became a mom i think i may hve got to watch the news 3 times in 3 years ? HAHAHAHA ( i love the news)

Hope everyone stays safe !!!! please east coasters have a survival kit ready just in case !

hlsnklsx2
by Group Admin on Sep. 1, 2010 at 2:03 PM

I hope we don't get it bad. My hubby is out of town and I don't like storms to begin with. Of course hubby will be home Sunday after the storm is supposed to hit. You can have all the rain. I hate rain. I need to go to the store but I know its going to be packed so I am not looking foward to that especially with having to take the kids with me. I hope the heat we are having is going to slow it down. It is so hot today and it hasn't been this hot for the last week. We will see what happens. I will have to post and let everyone know what happens. 

Quoting HTMommy:

I'm in jersey right next to philly so all we'll see is wind but I tagged your comment bc our weather report said va and the carolinas will get the worst of it bc of the positioning of it. Also said the heat wave we're having will slow it down some. Good luck to ya'll who are closer. Send some of the rain my way! Lol
Oh and comotion when we went to seaside it was bad rip currents there and they allowed ankle deep swimming basically to where your feet can't touch the bottom BUT boogie/body/surf boarding were all allowed without restriction bc its viewed as a personal raft/life preserver so have fun anyway

Quoting hlsnklsx2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)