• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone get H1N1 vaccine while pregnant?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:48 AM
  • 17 Replies
  • 386 Total Views

I posted about the flu shot before and now there is a thread in my current pregnancy group about the safety of the H1N1 vaccine for pregnant women. There are so many conflicting reports on it that it makes it difficult to decide which is right. There was an article I read that talks about how it raised chances of birth defects, miscarriage and stillbirths. The seasonal has been safe but according to that article not H1n1. Some women had no issues but many did. I'm so torn on this topic. We peak flu season around feb which is right after my baby is due, so I'm kinda confused about what to do. I wish H1N1 wasn't in the seasonal vaccine, that would make this so much easier... I figured most of the women  from this group were pregnant during the outbreak last year. Any advice?

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hlsnklsx2
by Group Admin on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:51 AM

This year the reg flu shot and the H1N1 are in the same shot. They are not seperate this year like they were last year.

MommyOnLI
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:53 AM

THIS: v

Quoting hlsnklsx2:

This year the reg flu shot and the H1N1 are in the same shot. They are not seperate this year like they were last year.

JennasMom2
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:55 AM

I know, thats why im wondering if anyone got in while pregnant since you cant get them seperate. :(

Quoting hlsnklsx2:

jbishop928
by Group Admin on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:19 AM

I got the regular flu shot while I was pregnant. The H1N1 shot wasn't even out yet. I did get it last year though and so did Connor. I don't have any advice for you. Good luck on making a decision that it is best for you and baby! :) BUMP!

Jemia
by Group Admin on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:25 AM

I got the regular flu shot when I was pregnant with my daughter but the H1N1 shot wasn't out yet.

sammi_chance07
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:35 AM

I got both. I obviously didn't have any complications from it. lol My son was born prematurely, but that was from an existing condition and we knew he would be induced early anyway. They do not recommend pregnant women getting the nasal mist. In what I have looked at there is no link to the vaccine and death/birth defects. Sure...people may think it HAD to have been caused by the vaccine. There is no other reason why my child would have had this condition...but there has been no proven link and no evidence the shots caused anything. There was no huge spike in birth defects and fetal mortality when the shot came out. If the shot had been causing these issues, there would have been a noticeable spike. Just thought I would throw that out there. People against vaccination are going to tell you not to and pro-vaccinating people are gonna tell you it's fine. My best advice is to go to reputable sites and get good information. Don't go reading peoples' opinions on what might have caused this or that or they think this caused this. Get some hard scientific research if you are on the fence. Good luck.

hanna06
by Group Admin on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:22 AM

My doctor told me not to get that when pregnant. So I didn't.

Christina-  proud mommie to Hanna and Alaina and loving wife to Richard

in lovebaby girltoddler girl

JennasMom2
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:04 AM

Thats what im seeing women say and I think thats why I'm curious to know what others did or were advised...

Quoting hanna06:

My doctor told me not to get that when pregnant. So I didn't.

AshMac416
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:45 PM

Im waiting until after Carleigh is born in November to get it

mlssgaede
by Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:01 PM

my family only gets vaccines that are required, and  Flu/H1N1 are NOT one of them. I never have And never will get either of those shots.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)