Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is everyone being for Halloween?!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:14 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 174 Total Views

Little off topic, but the fall weather really gets me in the mood for Halloween! What is everyone (including kiddos and furry friends) being for Halloween this year? Any special plans for pumpkin picking, or other fall oriented activities? Any traditions? Spill your beans! ;)

For us, we just went to the apple orchard the other day, it was FUN! We got yummy apples, and fresh cider! I am reserching different pumpkin patches to go to, I would like to go to one with a horse drawn hay ride and a pick your own pumpkin from the patch deal =] I cant wait. We love carving and decorating. Hubbys birthday is on halloween, so its always extra fun! Instead of a cake, we always make pumpkin pies, which I think I may make one possibly tomorrow, just because I'm craving it! haha! For costumes, I haven't the slightest what hubby and I are being, but the boys; Austin 3 1/2 is being a giraffe (old navy) and Jayden (13 months) is being a tiger (old navy) they are SO CUTE. I have to get old navys every year, they are so warm and cute =] I can't wait to "check" all the candy...hehe!! YUM!

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
SophieLee
by Group Admin on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:48 PM

I said I wasn't going to do anything but damn childen's place to hell.... I found a cute one!!!!

Jodyblonde2007
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 1:46 AM

I think I'm going to be a witch, and not sure on the hubby. My boys; James (3) is going to be Jack from the Nightmare before Christmas, not going to have to really by anything except a bow tie which I'll make a bat and sew onto it. For Patrick (17 months) we are sure yet. Probably something to do with NBC (Nightmare before Christmas) but not sure which character. Possible Barrel (the little skeleton boy, or Oogie Boogie which will be simple to make. Havent got the money right now to go out and buy costumes they'll only wear once so I've decided that if we haven't got it than I'll just make it.

Oh and I'll put pics after I get done making the costumes

toddler boy Proud Mommy to 2 boysbaby boy

DevinAnnesmom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2010 at 2:30 AM

My hubby and I aren't dressing up this year, but my 5 year old son is going to be a police officer. My 3 year old daughter is going to be Snow White.

And Joseph is going to be a monkey.

I'm hoping to find a good pumpkin patch to go to this year. We've never gone before, but my kids are at the age now where I would like to start a tradition of going each year. On Halloween, we will go to the Fall Festival at our church and then a little bit of trick-or-treating afterwards. I'm looking forward to it!!

jbishop928
by Group Admin on Sep. 29, 2010 at 9:40 AM

This is the last year I will get to pick for Connor so he's going to Mickey with my friends daugther who is going to be Minnie!! I can't wait!! LOL! We're going to the pumpkin patch with our friends and sticking the kids in the middle of it to take pictures in costumes and then overalls :) We were going to go apple picking, but our money situation is all screwed up this pay check so we aren't going to have the money. My hubby and I don't dress up. I usually wear a halloween shirt, but that's the extent of it.

hanna06
by Group Admin on Sep. 29, 2010 at 11:23 PM

We haven't done anything for halloween. Well I did break down and buy Hanna her costume the other day.

I want to go to the scary corn maze, and the local pumpkin patch. Maybe some of the fall activites as well. The old pre school we had Hanna in puts on a good one.

So hanna who is 4 1/2 is going to barbie and the fashion fairy tale

Alaina who is 1, is going to be minnie mouse.

These are close to my girls costumes:

Alaina's is red though, and no underneath lace and such, and she has ears with a bow in the middle. and black shoes/slipper.  I guess disney updated minnie's looks. lol

This close to Hanna's costum. She is wearing silver flats for shoes though and a lot of bangle jewelary. Not sure on her hair yet. Def can't pull this off. ^

Christina-  proud mommie to Hanna and Alaina and loving wife to Richard

in lovebaby girltoddler girl

angelmom713
by Group Admin on Sep. 30, 2010 at 11:19 PM

BUMP

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)