Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not sure what to think about this?

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2010 at 11:15 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 495 Total Views

Maybe you ladies can help? The past 2 weeks I have felt different... I've noticed some false contractions, a bit more braxton hicks, increase in discharge, I grew a strong desire to vacuum constantly, I have almost like burning pubic bone pain with added pressure at times. Going back, about a month ago I told my dr. the baby felt low, she felt around and agreed that she dropped and was head down. I can tell this baby is a lot lower than my last (I can breathe with this one,lol). Then, a few days after that I was in the shower and it looked like I was leaking colostrum. I didn't think much about it, however, today, I felt something wet on my shirt and noticed I was leaking!!! Crazy part about all of this is I never leaked before the baby was here with my other 2, and hardly did when I was breastfeeding. I know all of this can be a sign of my body getting ready, but I just feel like I'm still early for that. My DD was born at 37 wks exactly. DS was induced. My husband told me the other day that he has a strong feeling I'm not going to make it to my due date.... crazy part is I havent told him about any of this because I didnt want to make him nervous. I've also been having dreams about giving birth. Anyone else experiencing this or have you in the past? What are your thoughts about all this?

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 13, 2010 at 11:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
SophieLee
by Group Admin on Dec. 13, 2010 at 11:33 AM

Hummm.. you might go early.... HOw do you feel more emotionally than physically? I would call your doc and go get checked out with a non stress test, and let them know what is going on. Something just to be safe. What type of labors do  you usually have?  Quick? Or a good pace.

JennasMom2
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2010 at 6:45 PM

Typically once I start going, I usually go pretty fast. I could walk around at a 1 for a couple weeks but usually once I hit 3-4 its super fast. #1 it was 1 1/2hrs from 5-10,  #2 it was about 20 min from 4-10.  I have a dr. appt tomorrow so we will see what she says. I guess its just a combination of everything that makes me nervous, like everything is hitting me at once!!!

Quoting SophieLee:

Hummm.. you might go early.... HOw do you feel more emotionally than physically? I would call your doc and go get checked out with a non stress test, and let them know what is going on. Something just to be safe. What type of labors do  you usually have?  Quick? Or a good pace.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
SophieLee
by Group Admin on Dec. 14, 2010 at 8:53 AM

I can understand that. I have been feeling that way too.. Like OMG what am I gonna do with two kids. LOL  BUt I would talk to your doc and see what they ahve to say. That is all the advice I can really offer, I didn't go into natraul labor with Logan, so I am not even sure what it feels like.

hlsnklsx2
by Group Admin on Dec. 14, 2010 at 8:54 AM

Are you sure your due date is correct? With my son my due date was changed several times. They could have you a week or two off and you could be farther than you think. Just go to the dr and get checked out. It sounds like you are getting ready to go into labor and leaking can start a week or two before you deliver but for most it starts after you deliver.

JennasMom2
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2010 at 9:51 AM

According to my calendar, They might actually have me due a few days earlier (4 tops). My cycles run a little longer, that's partly why I'm nervous. I dont know though, I've heard that girls develop faster so maybe that's what's going on? I have a dr. appt tomorrow. I'll see what he says. 2 weeks from now I'll be full term so who knows!!! lol Seems surreal! 

Quoting hlsnklsx2:

Are you sure your due date is correct? With my son my due date was changed several times. They could have you a week or two off and you could be farther than you think. Just go to the dr and get checked out. It sounds like you are getting ready to go into labor and leaking can start a week or two before you deliver but for most it starts after you deliver.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
MyIslandGirls
by Member on Dec. 21, 2010 at 2:41 PM

My daughters were born at 36 weeks and my son (the 2009 baby) was born at almost 40 weeks.

I would try to relax as much as possible. Drink lots of water. You may go early but you want to keep baby in there as long as possible.

carterscutie85
by on Feb. 22, 2011 at 3:30 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)