Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vegetable Gardens???

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:26 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 145 Total Views

So do any of you ladies have vegetable gardens? We are getting ready to till the area for ours this weekend. We won't plant until May but we are getting the ground ready. Since I have been with my hubby we have had a garden and his parents have had one for many years.

We plant everything from squash, cucumbers, green beans, corn, tomatoes, onions, peppers, jalapenos, watermelon, cantelope, asparagus, lettuce, and strawberries. I love having fresh veggies and fruit in the summer! :)

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ComotionGirl
by Group Owner on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:35 PM

That is AWESOME!  Take pictures!!!!  We don't have a veggie garden but I would LOVE too!  Maybe this year!!  You may have just motivated me!  lol

HTMommy
by Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:55 PM
We had one when I first moved in with my parents we had 5 ft tomatoe plants that a lot went bad on bc we couldn't get to them fast enough. We also had zucchini and green peppers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazymama0286
by Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:57 PM

My mil has one that we had a few plants in last summer. We want to extend it so we can plant more. Were the strawberries easy to grow?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imgnabamommy
by Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:58 PM
Oh yes. I love my garden. We do fruit too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jbishop928
by Group Admin on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:36 PM

Our friends that lived a few houses away had one and they shared with us, but they moved away! Their neighbor always gave them stuff too and we used the corn on the cob for cookouts! It was the best corn! We thought about having a garden, but have to decide on an area of the yard... We have a back corner we wanted to use, but I'm afraid it gets TOO wet in that corner.

hanna06
by Group Admin on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:12 PM
Sounds Yummy! We do flowers, never tried veggies!
SophieLee
by Group Admin on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:59 PM
I dont keep plants alive very well but the inlaws have a ton of stuff... Even trees... Peach apple tree and tomatoes strawberries blueburries greenbeans yummy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hlsnklsx2
by Group Admin on Mar. 3, 2011 at 1:54 PM

They take a few years to get them coming in well. But they weren't that hard to do. We haven't done them yet at our new house (this is our 2nd summer in the house but the first time we will have a garden here). I am going to try to plant them and see how they do. 

Quoting crazymama0286:

My mil has one that we had a few plants in last summer. We want to extend it so we can plant more. Were the strawberries easy to grow?

hlsnklsx2
by Group Admin on Mar. 3, 2011 at 1:55 PM

I will definately take pictures of how it turns out this year! I hope it's not too hot for everything to grow well like it was the year before last.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)