Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gender Selection

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:06 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 331 Total Views

Hi, i'm a mom of a very beautiful little boy who will be 2 in April, and DH and I were talking about having another baby, but he only wants 2 kids and we both want a girl this time. I was wondering if any of you have heard of gender selection and tried the different methods out there. We are looking at the O+12 and I'm wondering if anyone has tried it and if it worked for them.

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brandydavis88
by New Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:22 PM

In my opinion Gender Selection is crazy!! I believe that you will have what God intended for you to have no matter what you try. I personally think that it is very unethical. As of right not it is  Priced at about $4000.00 a cycle.and to me that is crazy. why spend that much money on something and it isnt a fact if you will get what you want. So this is my opinion.

Chaos1229
by New Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:24 PM
I think its dumb personally be happy with the child you have . I didnt care if i had a boy or girl as long as the baby was healthy . If i have any future children it wont matter their gender.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brandydavis88
by New Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:28 PM

i so agree with you! I know so many people that would be happy with a boy or a girl as long as they had a baby. People shouldnt be so picky. This subject just kinda gets me upset because so many people put their trust in Doctors, when really its not even up to them. It's up to God.!!!!!!!!! I have a lil boy and a lil girl and if we were to get pregnant this second i could care less what the sex of the baby is as long as it is healthy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quoting Chaos1229:

I think its dumb personally be happy with the child you have . I didnt care if i had a boy or girl as long as the baby was healthy . If i have any future children it wont matter their gender.

ComotionGirl
by Group Owner on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:31 PM

A friend of mine read a book (i don't remember what it was called but I will ask)  and they followed the directions for a boy and it worked!!!!!!!

jbishop928
by Group Admin on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:01 PM

It's worth a try, but it's not 100% effective I'm sure. If we were to get pregnant I'd be hoping for a girl, but would be happy with a boy. We have one boy and I'd to have a daughter, but I don't think it's in the cards for us. It's looking like an only child for us.

robe739
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:31 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ComotionGirl
by Group Owner on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:34 PM

BUMP!

hanna06
by Group Admin on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:07 PM
I dont know much about this sorta stuff but I just wanted to wish you guys the best of luck and I hope you get that little girl!
SophieLee
by Group Admin on Mar. 3, 2011 at 12:03 AM
I think there is something called the shettlers method... Check with the ttc group but i wouldnt pay someone to "help" with the gender.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Arianna438
by Member on Mar. 3, 2011 at 12:40 AM

I am looking at the O+12 method which says, among other things, you have intercourse 12hrs after Ovulation for a girl, I know it's not 100% but it requires you to be a MASTER of your cycle so DH and I went to the library today and got the book the method recommends Taking Charge of Your Fertility, which is a book about your fertility and your cycle and can be used as a natural form of Birth control, which i've heard about being able to do from one of the local midwives where i live. I just thought this was an interesting method and wondered if anyone had heard of it or tried it.

Here is a link to the information I found if anyone is interested

http://www.in-gender.com/Gender-Selection/Oplus12/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)