Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Alaina updated, my weekend. ( LONG POST) (cussing)

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:23 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 146 Total Views
Saturday morning Alaina woke up. She was covered in spit and so congested she drooled on herself all night trying to breath. I took her temp, it was 100. I made an appointment 45 mins from here at the other pedi office since that location only was open on a Saturday.

We get in there and find out she has a double ear infection, and a minor cold. She had also threw up. So we get a perscription, same damn one it turns out to be that caused her serious diaper rash that blistered and bleed and a yeast infection, back in December.

So I called the pedi back and said I need a different one this perscription is the one I described she couldn't have. What about augmentum or amocicillian, I told her nither clear up her ear infections. What about zithromax? I nope nothing. So she tells me that I need to wait til Monday morning and call in and she'll write a new persription. I said why Monday, its Saturday, you mean to tell me my baby has to suffer almost 42 hours? Use tylenol is what she said.

So I took Alaina to another county, since our hospitals not worth a shit either, and I get into a fight with that doctor, who also told me there was nothing she could do. We waited over 3 damn hours, 3 hours! We got back home at 1 am. I called the pedi yesterday again, explained she was even worse. She told me tylenol again because she needed her chart to give anything else. I told her I am telling you what she's had, you don't need her chart. Long song and dance later I hung up and gave Alaina her dose of meds that I didn't want to use(just trying anything to give some relief).

She's been pitiful. She won't hardly eat or drink. Her temps up and down. Her little face is beet red. She is in pure hell! Lastnight we spent cleaning up throw up and given generic tylenol to her. The only the only thing staying down in pedilyte(sp).

I called this again this morning and they told me they had to call me back. Still haven't!

Its just bullshit, all of it. My poor baby is suffering, that's the bad thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jbishop928
by Group Admin on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:35 AM

Poor baby girl!! :( I hope she gets better soon!!

SophieLee
by Group Admin on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:42 AM

OMG!!! You need a better doctor... Sheesh!!!

Call again... wait and hour, call again.. this is what I do when i feel it is taking too long.

hanna06
by Group Admin on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:10 AM
Well I just got a call back. The nurse is now calling the other location where the pedi is at today. They are supposed to be trying to find any other perscription for her.

That was 15 to 20 mins ago. Grrrrrrr.

And trust me I am about ready to blow up there phone. Its 11:10 am here and Alaina is not even awake!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ComotionGirl
by Group Owner on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:21 AM

I would have been on the phone with my insurance company getting info on new drs!!!!  You SO need a new dr!!!!  keep us posted!!!!

hanna06
by Group Admin on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:06 PM
This WAS the new doctor! That's the sad part!

I am really thinking I have nothing but idoits to choose from.

Quoting ComotionGirl:

I would have been on the phone with my insurance company getting info on new drs!!!!  You SO need a new dr!!!!  keep us posted!!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jemia
by Group Admin on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:51 PM

Have you gotten any answers yet?

hanna06
by Group Admin on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:48 PM
Yes and no.

I documented my own letter to them, and called the old docs office. They had nothing on file for our new doctor to go off of. I did meet another doctor today and like her even better!

Since it was the blind leading the blind, she decided to put Alaina back on amoxicillin and go from there. Then see if it goes away. Today only 1 esr was infected, not both ears . Ugh.

If nothing works this time between it all they will give her some sorta shot , and if still nothing we go to another ENT.

Basically same things as before but with a different doctor. Except for the shot wasn't ever mentioned before.

Quoting Jemia:

Have you gotten any answers yet?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dnhines2002
by Member on Mar. 29, 2011 at 1:54 PM
Omg!! Poor baby that doctor is an ass and has no sympathy for an innocent baby it's not like you're doctor shopping you're just trying to help your child feel better, she definitely is in the wrong profession if she thinks it's cool for a baby to suffer for 42 hours. Babys can take a turn for the worst in a matter of hours so SHAME on her. I hope she feels better soon.
hlsnklsx2
by Group Admin on Mar. 29, 2011 at 2:38 PM

i hope she gets better soon and gets some relief soon. i hate dealing with doctors period. thankfully i found one that is really good and listens to me. im sorry for what you and your little one is going through.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)