Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Growth rate

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:47 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 203 Total Views

So at my son's two year check up they said he is on the smaller and shorter side.  Kind of had me confused being my older two children are on the taller end of the spectrum.  Right now my son, who will be 3 in April, is 34 1/2 inches tall.  Does this sound normal or average to some of you other mom's who have had April 09' babies or do you think it is on the shorter side? 

His older brother and sister are excited because you need to be 36 inches to ride the rides at the amusement park and he is so close, but they just want to ride with their little brother.  How long do you think it would take to grow that other 1 1/2 inches?

Thanks in advance for your response and time you rock

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
SophieLee
by Group Admin on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:33 PM
I am going to bump, i have a giant child at his 18 month check up he was 35inches and 31 lbs. He wont be two till sept.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shelbel939
by Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:45 PM

well bella was 30some inches tall at her 18mth check up and about 23 lbs, but they said she was in the 90th% to do with her height and the 50th to do with her weight??-shel-

DevinAnnesmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2011 at 2:52 AM

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I have 3 kids who are all VERY different when it comes to size. My 6 year old son is in the 18th% for height and 20th% for weight (very small), my 4 year old daughter is 85th% for weight and 78th% for height (very big) and my 22 month old son is 80th% for height and 20th% for weight (tall and skinny). The doctor said they're all healthy and growing at their own rates. We had the issue with the rides last summer when we went to Sea World and it was difficult because they didn't all get to ride everything they wanted to, but we promised we'd take them back in a couple years and then they'll all be big enough for everything :-)

ladyraven16
by Member on Jul. 11, 2011 at 9:10 AM
Idk mama my son will be 3 in January and is about 37" tall 35lbs.

My 4yr old wasn't 37" until over 3 and now at 4 he is only 41". It really just depends on the kid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamajones09
by Member on Jul. 12, 2011 at 9:35 PM

How tall are relatives? Almost everyone in DH's family is 6"+. DD is 2.5 and she's 38" and appx 30lbs.

blowing bubbles

ComotionGirl
by Group Owner on Jul. 12, 2011 at 10:09 PM

My 2009 baby was 40 inches at his 2 year check up.  I don't know if thats normal or not.  He is my 3rd so if the dr wasn't concerned neither am I lol!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)