Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Children's" drugs

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:45 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 181 Total Views

Anyone elses little ones moved up to Children's? I spoke to my doc about it and he was cool with it and even gave me the NEW dosing things, since the drug companies have decided to change everything up on us.

Holy crap... it knocks Logan OUT! He is sick too so that isn;'t a bad thing but it makes me worry. I don't like drug induced sleeping yet when I wanted it (like on our way to OC this year) NOTHING... but that was b/c he was too big for such small doses.

And did you know that the cold stuff, like cough stuffy nose combo stuff is not meant for kids till they are 6!!! So, we are basicly stuck with vapor rub hot baths and Advil till they are 6... Poor babies.. Oh and the reason (pretty damn good one at that) is the the dosing instructions are based on the functionality of the liver and kidney not really the weight/age of the child. Good to know right?!

Anyway, make sure everyone gets the new dosing instructions so you are not left out... Make sure to check weather or not it is suspesntion or what ever the other one is and talk to you doctor about anything that you give our babies! Okay, that was my PSA for the day LOL

babies
babies
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jbishop928
by Group Admin on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:02 PM

Connor still has infants Tylenol but Children's Motrin I think. I didn't ask about it at his 2 year appointment. He hasn't grown much and the dosage he's had since he was 1 still does the job lol. I was thinking about that the other day though.

hanna06
by Group Admin on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:19 PM
Thanks for sharing. I will bring this up at her two year check up!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ComotionGirl
by Group Owner on Aug. 18, 2011 at 7:04 AM

We moved up to childrens awhile ago.  I was told for the tylenol and motrin its all on weight!!!

As far as the other meds, thats been that way for a while and it STINKS!  The poor kids suffer!  Cole has a cold and runny nose now.  Poor guy is grumpy!!  But he needs to get it all out of his system before disney!

JoeyJrsMomma
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 10:07 AM

Joey never got sick until he was 9 months old so we started at children's. His pedi said it's the same, just different dosing bc of the different mg's per mL. The one time I had to give Parker anything he was only a few weeks old. I had a pedi appt then another appt for his circ. and he had to have Tylenol before the circ so I checked with my pedi to be sure how much to give him so she gave it to him for me but we used the children's then too.  

MissyB1011
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 11:14 AM

Alex is still on the infant just because I don't want to waste what we had. He's a bit underweight, so the ped was fine with not moving him up the children's yet. I'll have to make a note for the new dosing instructions for the next appt though. Thanks for the info.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)