• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

129 days!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:01 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 171 Total Views

OMG I am doing it now too... AHHHHHHHH

But I have been thinking about it... Logan's birthday falls on a BAD weekend for family events and I don't think he will "get" it but I am pretty sure that Xmas is going to be FUN!!!!! So, I just wanted to check and see how long we have...

Have you started? Where do you stash everything?

babies
babies
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jbishop928
by Group Admin on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:08 PM

I haven't started yet. I don't plan on buying anything for DH's family this year. We only did last year because we were in GA around the holidays and we celebrated with them. I'll get my parents and brother something because they do stuff for us all the time. I have NO idea what I'll get Connor!!!! Maybe print his scrapbooks that I HAVE to get caught up on (printing and putting together on shutterfly!) I may find a couple Umizoomi things but that's about it. He has enough toys for a daycare. I also get Reese a present. I may get a Barbie for her. I was going to for her bday but I thought of something else :)

hanna06
by Group Admin on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:13 PM
Oh god dont remind me! Lol.

I am clueless on Alaina.

Hanna however is getting a tag reading system with some extra books,a wii and games, more leapster explorer games,hello kitty bed set with pillow. And a birthstone cupcake shaped necklace. (ALL THIS IS GOING ON LAYAWAY) and i am working on a way to pay for it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hlsnklsx2
by Group Admin on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:22 PM

yes i have started and yes i will prbably go overboard again! LOL! i need to finish saving for Christmas! I have already gotten hubby 2 pairs of jeans and kyrsten a tinkerbell dvd. i will get the kids some winter clothes because i always do and we might do a swing set!

haha and what are you talking about thinking about it? i save all year for it!!!! i LOVE Christmas just not the cold weather!

jbishop928
by Group Admin on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:58 PM
Theres a tag jr too. Connor needs help with it sometimes but loves it!

Quoting hanna06:

I am clueless on Alaina.

Hanna however is getting a tag reading system with some extra books,a wii and games, more leapster explorer games,hello kitty bed set with pillow. And a birthstone cupcake shaped necklace. (ALL THIS IS GOING ON LAYAWAY) and i am working on a way to pay for it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hanna06
by Group Admin on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:41 PM
Oh thank you! I will check it out also.

Quoting jbishop928:

Theres a tag jr too. Connor needs help with it sometimes but loves it!

Quoting hanna06:

I am clueless on Alaina.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissyB1011
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 11:33 AM

I am pretty much done with the kids. Alex's stuff is stashed in the garage and at Kmart til I finish the layaway. Abby's stuff is in the garage and at my parents' place. Hubby and I agreed no gifts for each other this year. We will celebrate once he gets thru the academy. While cleaning, we have found previously purchased items that were meant to be gifts, but were packed away and forgotten. So, we are done with family. Everyone is aware that we are majorly cutting back on the gift giving.

Reesesmomma2009
by Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 3:32 PM

Reese is getting an art table and art supplies, and a tag jr ( I got connor one for his bday and Reesey loves it lol). I will get my 2 nephews something, and I will get Connor something. That's about it. Reese has so much already and her bday is in October so she will get gifts then too. With nursing school starting, money will be tight.

Santa will be travelign light this year :( atleast Reese isnt big enough to realize that she didnt get much.

stepof5
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:54 PM

Someone asked me today if I had started on Christmas yet. I know I should start earlier (at a minimum the budget part). I'm one who never wants to really buy gifts or decorate until after Thanksgiving. I somehow feel like it detracts from the other holidays.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)