Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

not sure how this happened....

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:37 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 292 Total Views

but i posted some pics of my photography work on facebook and i have 6 photo shoots booked within the next month!!!!! $50 to $75 a shoot plus if they want prints done! :) I am super happy. I can't wait until I get to my first one on Wed. Its a 1st birthday shoot so we are going to do good pics then smash the cake pics! :) super excited here. but i think my photography business just kicked off! and the holidays are just around the corner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so what good/happy news have you ladies gotten this week?

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hanna06
by Group Admin on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:08 PM
Thats great. Congrats!

Well i think most of the groups members know what happened good for us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jbishop928
by Group Admin on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:21 PM
Yayyyy!!!!!! I passed my 3 hr glucose test :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SophieLee
by Group Admin on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:51 AM

WOOT!!! Have fun taking photos... I REALLY want a fancy camera now that i shelled out money for pics... I can do it too, I know I can, I just need the camera... Saving for that I guess...

Good news.. I am getting a KING bed on friday.. bad news,,, I am a moron and I need a new bed frame and I have no idea what I am going to do... Which is going to drive me crazy and I have till friday to figure it out.. LOL

hlsnklsx2
by Group Admin on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:18 AM

Michelle your so funny! My camera was only $550. Hubby and I decided that in Feb of 2010 we would each get to buy one thing with our tax return and then we would save the rest and I chose to get my camera! I got it from walmart and it came with a lens, the camera bag, the camera and a memory card. My mom and dad bought me the bigger lens last year for my birthday and hopefully after I do a bunch of shoots I can invest in an external flash so I can do weddings and such. A girl just messaged me on FB about doing her wedding in Nov 2012. Not sure if she is going to go with me but I was honest with her and told her i have never done a wedding but we can talk prices and details if she wanted to. then she told me she had a friend that was also getting married next year.

MissyB1011
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 11:21 AM

That is AWESOME!!!!!!

My good news really isn't for me, it's for my hubby. Some of you know we were saving for him to go away to become a state trooper. We found out at our eye appt that his vision was too bad and he would not be accepted because of it. His option was Lasik eye surgery. He talked to the MD who does it and explained the time crunch. The MD is going to meet with him on 9/2 and he'll have the surgery on the next Tuesday if he's a candidate. The MD is rushing him thru, so that he'll be ready for the medical exam.

Reesesmomma2009
by Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 3:45 PM

Well, I have had shitty news all week. Bad news from the dr, my credit card company is driving me crazy, and the school is diriving me nuts changing times and meetings and classes.... But I am happy for all of you...

nehi730
by Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:12 PM
Congrats. You are doing it a whole lot cheaper then where i live. my family pic costed me 200.00 for a pic of us on the rocks at the jetty.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hlsnklsx2
by Group Admin on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:42 PM

Since I just started advertising for it I am going on the cheaper side the scale. As I get farther into it and better at it prices will go up but for now I just want to get my name out there and get more shoots done so I can grow, learn and get better! 

Quoting nehi730:

Congrats. You are doing it a whole lot cheaper then where i live. my family pic costed me 200.00 for a pic of us on the rocks at the jetty.

hlsnklsx2
by Group Admin on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:43 PM

I hope your news turns around soon. They say bad things come in threes so hopefully your bad luck is over. :) 

Quoting Reesesmomma2009:

Well, I have had shitty news all week. Bad news from the dr, my credit card company is driving me crazy, and the school is diriving me nuts changing times and meetings and classes.... But I am happy for all of you...

stepof5
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:18 PM

Rachel put a diamond shaped bead in her ear and it got stuck. We had to take her to the doctors straightaway because it was well into her ear canal. I was so stressed out. I'm not good with these sort of things. Anyway, the doctor was able to get it out because it was slightly angled. If it had been flat she wouldn't. I am so relieved that my baby girl is okay, her hearing is okay, and we were able to avoid ER expenses and a possible surgery!! That's good news.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)