Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hating my neighbors (vent)

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:23 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • 314 Total Views

I have asked the little brats down the street to stop using my driveway as a turn around 3 times yesterday. It's not like they turn around at the end of it, they pull all the way up to the garage. And they are on these motorized scooters that make noise so the dogs hear them coming and bark at them. They gave me dirty looks like I was a bitch for asking that. They woke Parker up from his morning nap after only 30 minutes and early from his 2nd nap. Anytime his naps are cut short, he wakes up at night. He chose 4am this time all bc of them. What do the brats start doing today? The same thing. What did I do? Parked my van sideways across the drive to hopefully keep them out. It's too late though, Parker is up and refusing to go back to sleep. I seriously want to take him and give him to those girls and say see what you broke? Fix it! If they weren't so young, I would so do that! And then make them spend the night so they can get up with him in the morning.

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jbishop928
by Group Admin on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:31 AM

Aww I'm sorry :( Do you know their parents? I would say something!

JoeyJrsMomma
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:56 AM

I don't but they are about to get to know me really well! 

hanna06
by Group Admin on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:04 PM
Lmao! Get em momma!

I dontblame you one bit. I would march myself down there, baby on my hip, and explain this HAS to STOP.

If they are responseable parents all should go well.

Quoting JoeyJrsMomma:

I don't but they are about to get to know me really well! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SophieLee
by Group Admin on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:05 PM

ugh... bad children! i hope the afternoon nap goes better and let us know when you speak to the parents.

ComotionGirl
by Group Owner on Aug. 20, 2011 at 11:00 AM

OH NO!  I am SO sorry!!!!  Thats one of the reasons why I don't want to move!  I LOVE MY NEIGHBORS! 

MissyB1011
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 11:29 AM

That stinks! I would definitely say something to the parents.

We live about 6 doors up from a church. That church has 3 parking lots and they are never full. Why? Because everybody is too busy parking on the street across from and in front of my house. We live in a very small town, so there are no sidewalks. People literally pull on the grass if they even bother to pull all the way off the street. Of course, I can't get out of my driveway very well because folks will pull right up against the edge of the driveway and across the street.

One Sunday I happened to see a man with a fullsize pickup with hitch trying to pull in front of my house. I went out and asked him not to park there because of the length of his truck. He would either block my driveway or block my steps. I went back into the house when I saw him start to pull out. Apparently, he decided not to move. I went out and took pics of him blocking my driveway and his license plate. I left him a note that I tried to be polite, but apparently he had a hearing problem. The next time he blocked my property, I would call the cops and have him towed at his expense. I also told him I took pics as evidence. I haven't had a problem since!

hanna06
by Group Admin on Aug. 20, 2011 at 2:52 PM
Good for you momma!!

Quoting MissyB1011:

We live about 6 doors up from a church. That church has 3 parking lots and they are never full. Why? Because everybody is too busy parking on the street across from and in front of my house. We live in a very small town, so there are no sidewalks. People literally pull on the grass if they even bother to pull all the way off the street. Of course, I can't get out of my driveway very well because folks will pull right up against the edge of the driveway and across the street.

One Sunday I happened to see a man with a fullsize pickup with hitch trying to pull in front of my house. I went out and asked him not to park there because of the length of his truck. He would either block my driveway or block my steps. I went back into the house when I saw him start to pull out. Apparently, he decided not to move. I went out and took pics of him blocking my driveway and his license plate. I left him a note that I tried to be polite, but apparently he had a hearing problem. The next time he blocked my property, I would call the cops and have him towed at his expense. I also told him I took pics as evidence. I haven't had a problem since!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
megs424420
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 2:54 PM
I'd talk to their parents for sure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoeyJrsMomma
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2011 at 3:41 PM

Quoting MissyB1011:

This happened to me recently too. I can't wait to move! 

Reesesmomma2009
by Member on Aug. 22, 2011 at 9:01 PM
Feed them antifreeze. Oh wait that is animals....darn it. Haha just kidding I would never do that, I love kids and pets. Id be telling on them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)