Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

money has to be saved

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:01 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 176 Total Views
Omg. Ladies I need a better way to start saving. Once I have abit saved then I end up spending it on something I need or my kids or something that just gonna sit in my closet. I normally try and take $100 out my check every pay period & save but lately that hasn't been workin
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Jemia
by Group Admin on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:23 PM
hope you find a solution. I'm not good at saving money.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hlsnklsx2
by Group Admin on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:45 PM

I set up a seperate checking account for my Christmas savings and I do not have a debit card to that account. I have to go to the bank to get money to use. That helps me a lot with not spending what I have saved until I am going to use it.

hanna06
by Group Admin on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:03 PM
Lol i think we need to use this method.

Quoting hlsnklsx2:

I set up a seperate checking account for my Christmas savings and I do not have a debit card to that account. I have to go to the bank to get money to use. That helps me a lot with not spending what I have saved until I am going to use it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mymommasgirl
by Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 3:05 PM
Hmmm this is a GREAT idea.. I'm gonna try this with my next paycheck.

Quoting hanna06:

Lol i think we need to use this method.

Quoting hlsnklsx2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mymommasgirl
by Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 3:07 PM
Have any1 hrd of a bank call guardian credit union? I was told they where somewhat better than a bank.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ComotionGirl
by Group Owner on Sep. 15, 2011 at 9:47 PM

I do something very similar to Heather.  The account I use to save money does NOT have a debit card attached to it!!! 

I sell on ebay to save money!!!  I just paid for a trip to disney for my family of 5 for 7 nights and 8 days by selling our clutter on EBAY!!!!  We leave in 9 DAYS!!!!!   WOOT

I have continued to sell and add to the save fund all the time!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)