Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BINKIE Patrol.

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:15 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 320 Total Views

my daughter will 3 in one month and she is still on the binky i have no idea how to get her off of it shes dependent on it and she has a fit if i dont give it to.

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
army_wifey_06
by Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:16 AM
Bump!

My ds gave up his on his own at 13 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommynerd326
by New Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:20 AM

haha you lucky i wish i never even got her onto the binkie but that was the only thing that would sooth her she hated being swattled and she would only sleep with a binkie mabe ill just throw em all away and deal with her wining about idk.

mama2my2boys
by Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:28 AM
1 mom liked this
throw all of them away..thats what i did with both my boys...one got over it in 4 days the other 2days....just throw all of them away so your not tempted to give in to them screaming in the middle of the night for it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jbishop928
by Group Admin on Mar. 6, 2012 at 12:28 AM
This is what my aunt did. My son is a thumb sucker...trying to break him of that!

Quoting mama2my2boys:

throw all of them away..thats what i did with both my boys...one got over it in 4 days the other 2days....just throw all of them away so your not tempted to give in to them screaming in the middle of the night for it

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommynerd326
by New Member on Mar. 6, 2012 at 1:09 AM

alright im gonna feel bad for a few days but i know its gonna mess her teeth up and a bad habbit.

candlefire22
by Member on Mar. 8, 2012 at 11:38 PM
With Katie she was about 15 months and we cut her down to only having it at nap and bed time. Then after a while to bed time only. And finally the last step was to chuck em all in the trash bye bye chupi! (or paci as some might say) it was a ruff couple of days but we got through it and are chupi free :) I know it's ruff but you can do it! An you'll be happy when your done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thoyle3
by New Member on Mar. 9, 2012 at 10:25 AM

my two and three year old have Magic Corks. My husband and I made up that word because when we gave them their binkys it was magical the way they would just be quiet for awhile. It was awsome. I know I need to throw them away but I just cant bring myself to do it right now and its okay. When I get ready I think I will just trash them and go through hell for a couple of days.

Mommynerd326
by New Member on Mar. 9, 2012 at 2:53 PM
yeah i dont want to but i have to i dont want to ruin my daughters teeth and i dont want her to be so dependent on it lol
TXbornmama
by on Mar. 16, 2012 at 4:45 AM

My DD was not a year yet and my DS never took one.

With my DD I took it away cold turkey and let her cry.

daulton_dustin
by New Member on Mar. 17, 2012 at 4:14 PM

So was my son but I just up n threw it away and dealt with him crying for 5 hours n that was it, he didnt ask for it again. Good luck momma

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)