• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

potty training my 2009 baby

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:25 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 202 Total Views
Potty training I am trying to potty train my 3 year old son and having a hard time trying to get him to poop in toilet. has anybody else have this problem and if so what did you do to remedy it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
megs424420
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:26 PM
Right there with you. He is so potty resistant!! I bought him a cars potty today and he loves it. He's sat on it a few times, but hasn't gone yet.... Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Madre2be
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this

my son is going to be 2 next month and we just got there,he is finally going potty(he only wants to use the big toilet..like daddy LOL)..put underwear on him under his pull up and as nasty as it is let him sit in it for a few minutes.GOOD LUCK

AngelicMommy_72
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:40 PM
he is full on in underwear now. it worked to leave my older son sitting in it for a few moments he would get disgusted and not want to use it in his underwear anymore. that is not working for cody. I've tried to reward system I even lost my patience andput him in time out after 4 times a change of underwear in 2 hours. this is honestly worse than changing diapers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoeyJrsMomma
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:13 AM
Joey was pee trained but couldn't commit to pooPing. We did a sticker chart and told him if he poops on the potty 25 times that we will take him anywhere he wanted to go. He picked Chuck-e-Cheese. We also did instant rewards too. He got strawberry milk and a small treat-usually m&ms. It took him about a week and a half and it finally clicked.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RyansMommie07
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:15 AM

im right there with you. troy's just not interested in the potty at all. he does good for a bit, then he stops all together. its so frustrating!!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Ryan and Troy are going to be Big Brothers!  Baby Boy Myers ... coming this summer!!!

thoyle3
by New Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this

everytime you see him getting ready to poo take him to the potty. he wont like it but he will get used to going. when he poops in the potty make a very big deal out of it. high fives jump up and down do flips if you have to. show him that he did something great. he will love the attention.

jbishop928
by Group Admin on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:57 PM

i waited until connor was completely ready to potty train and he was pee and poop trained in 3 days. we did a sticker chart.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)