Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your 2009 baby still nap???

Posted by   + Show Post

HELP!!! My 32 month old little girl doesn't seem to want to nap anymore. She was one who never lengthened the time she slept when she went from two naps to one. Her one nap has only been 45 minutes- 1 hour 15 minutes. I need some time to get things done!!! She now wants a little light on (never did before) so we have a Dora plug-in LED that projects an image of Dora & Boots on the wall. She also starting wanting a stuffed animal to sleep with her two months ago. During nap time, she seems to just want to play with it and/or talk to it. If I don't give her one or take it away, she just cries. She is sweet about just singing and/or talking to imaginary friends during her naptime, but she's not sleeping. Any suggestions???

by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 3:25 PM
Replies (11-20):
styler7
by Member on Aug. 26, 2012 at 7:05 PM
Sometimes, depending on the time she woke up in the morning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
andersongirl562
by on Aug. 26, 2012 at 7:05 PM
In our house naps aren't an option until you start school do my 4.5 year old still naps. Just tell her she may not get out of bed for a certain time period. We do naps from 12:30 to 2:30 and she is not allowed out of bed for any reason even if she doesn't sleep she must lay there quietly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Terry09
by New Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 8:56 AM

My baby doesn't nap either, I have to get up hours before her if I want to get anything done! On days that she goes to day care she does nap there because all the other kids go to sleep and when we go for very long car rides she sleeps. It's really hard because I'm taking online classes and I work as a substitute so when I'm desperate I take her on a car ride for 30 minute or 45 minutes, then I come back home put her down and work for a hour. Just hang in there! If you really need your baby to nap try the car ride if you have free time. It may waist 45 minutes from the day but at least you'll have her a sleep for an hour or maybe even longer. Good luck 8)

Apr1l
by Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 8:57 AM
Yes, between 1.5-2 hours
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stepof5
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 1:29 PM
Thanks Ladies. It is good to hear what others are doing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jbishop928
by Group Admin on Aug. 28, 2012 at 12:47 AM

conor is almost 3 1/2 and sometimes naps. he's a bear if he doesn't!!

lambdarose
by Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 7:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes. She naps at daycare during the week and whenever on my days off usually in the car. yesterday it was a very short one in the car. other wise she is a good napper. at least an hour.  its not unusual for children to just play quietly. there is nothing wrong with rest time rather then nap time. why take away the toys. if she is quiet and entertaining herslf, i would keep the toys.  my dd had done that before her regular bedtime and it doesn't do any harm. if she is calling you and wants to play with you then i could see how you would need to take the toys away but other wise she probably is phasing out. good luck.

mommyof2kids306
by Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 8:09 AM
My 2009 baby will be 3 next week and he gets cranky if he doesn't get his nap and if it's around nap time and he's not at home and getting ready for his nap he gets crankier and starts to throw a fit

Quoting stepof5:

HELP!!! My 32 month old little girl doesn't seem to want to nap anymore. She was one who never lengthened the time she slept when she went from two naps to one. Her one nap has only been 45 minutes- 1 hour 15 minutes. I need some time to get things done!!! She now wants a little light on (never did before) so we have a Dora plug-in LED that projects an image of Dora & Boots on the wall. She also starting wanting a stuffed animal to sleep with her two months ago. During nap time, she seems to just want to play with it and/or talk to it. If I don't give her one or take it away, she just cries. She is sweet about just singing and/or talking to imaginary friends during her naptime, but she's not sleeping. Any suggestions???

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladyraven16
by Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Nope. He stopped when he turned 3 in January.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
schoenlyfam6
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 1:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Alivia is 3 and naps are a must.... she gets way to sassy if she doesn't at least have 45 mins of a nap. if she sleeps longer then an hour then praise the lord! but, it's unlikely. :)

Hoestly keep the night ligh.. but maybe only give her the suffy at night. nap time no. If Alivia doesn't take a nap, I will wear her out.... ;) she sleeps well then! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN