Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your 2009 baby still nap???

Posted by   + Show Post

HELP!!! My 32 month old little girl doesn't seem to want to nap anymore. She was one who never lengthened the time she slept when she went from two naps to one. Her one nap has only been 45 minutes- 1 hour 15 minutes. I need some time to get things done!!! She now wants a little light on (never did before) so we have a Dora plug-in LED that projects an image of Dora & Boots on the wall. She also starting wanting a stuffed animal to sleep with her two months ago. During nap time, she seems to just want to play with it and/or talk to it. If I don't give her one or take it away, she just cries. She is sweet about just singing and/or talking to imaginary friends during her naptime, but she's not sleeping. Any suggestions???

by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 3:25 PM
Replies (21-30):
hollysybb
by New Member on Sep. 7, 2012 at 5:57 PM

My 3 and a half year old doesn't really nap either.  She will fight it and fight it and if she does fall asleep it is usually too late in the day and throws off bedtime (which is supposed to be 8:30).  It sucks!

bfairbanks
by New Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 9:11 PM

My three YO did the same so finally I gave up, tried letting her watch a movie in her room, gave her stuffed animals, put her down at same times every day and nothing worked. Now suprisingly she has been going into her room and putting herself down for a nap without me saying anything. Maybe just let her stay in her room and she will put her self to sleep or if possible lay down with her and show her mommy needs naps to.

megs424420
by Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 9:14 PM
Not for a few months now.... :( he's 3.5
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KSandborg
by New Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 1:05 PM
My 3 yr old son still naps for about 2 hrs or more. Sometimes during the week he doesn't want to nap
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicholy10
by Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Yes, he turned 3 six days ago and still naps daily for 1-2 hours

DJKALAMICAHSMOM
by New Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 4:27 PM

My 3 y/o daughter doesn't take naps any more I wish she would.

Nicholy10
by Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 4:43 PM

My son is 36 months. We try to get him to nap everyday, but he sure fights it some of the times. He needs a nap some of the time (super crabby monster), other times he seems to do fine without it. So I thinking he's slowly outgrowing naptime. Hopefully he can keep napping until 3 1/2 or 4? Idk we will see. 

whitewinterose
by New Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 10:37 AM

My son stopped. Once in a great while he'll take one, but most of the time it's a no go. 

kary1124
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:43 AM

both my son (almost 3) and my sd (4) still take naps, some days we'll skip them but if they are really cranky i make sure they get one and they normally sleep for 2-3 hrs

kaidensmommy09
by Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Most of the time.. there are days we choose to skip a nap and some days he doesnt fall asleep but for the most part he usually sleeps 1:45-3:45

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)