Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your 2009 baby still nap???

Posted by   + Show Post

HELP!!! My 32 month old little girl doesn't seem to want to nap anymore. She was one who never lengthened the time she slept when she went from two naps to one. Her one nap has only been 45 minutes- 1 hour 15 minutes. I need some time to get things done!!! She now wants a little light on (never did before) so we have a Dora plug-in LED that projects an image of Dora & Boots on the wall. She also starting wanting a stuffed animal to sleep with her two months ago. During nap time, she seems to just want to play with it and/or talk to it. If I don't give her one or take it away, she just cries. She is sweet about just singing and/or talking to imaginary friends during her naptime, but she's not sleeping. Any suggestions???

by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 3:25 PM
Replies (31-39):
kelsbug05
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:08 PM

my daughter turned 3 in sept and hasnt napped since she was 1 sometimes she naps if shes really tired but thats it sorry i cldnt be of more help .

Charweba
by Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:09 AM

it depends on what kind of day we have. If she has had a busy day of running errands with mommy, yes she will take a little nap. If she has a busy day of playing then no she will not take a nap. She will be three tomorrow.

S_morgan09
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Kenna still naps, but most of the time she just lays in bed and watches a movie. She knows if she doesn't sleep she has to watch two movies before she can get up. I don't mind though, she isn't fussy or whiney after quiet time.

yellownes8
by New Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:45 AM
My daughter doesn't nap anymore even though she definitely needs to :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cking21
by New Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Oh my goodness, i TOTALLY understand!  I am going through this battle now with my 3yo twins!  The battle of napping takes so much energy and I HATE to hear them cry, but...  They still need their naps!  I was debating on transitioning to "Quiet Time".  So Yesterday I tried it, and now I say NO! lol!  They skipped naps, but then as soon as we get in the car around 4(when im done working) they knock out!  So then I dont wanna wake them, so we end up not getting any errands done :(.  I am a stickler for my time too, I am a single mother, working and attending college, I need my time as well.  Ive always read naps should be pushed until the age of 5, but on the other hand every toddler is different, so just cause "they" say that, doesnt mean your toddler is gonna nap until he/she turns 5yo.  
  It takes my girls about 30 minutes after playing, me going in their room telling them to stop(numerous times), tuck them in(numerous times), etc.  But I think me going in their room is whats lagging it on as well, I need to stop and leave them alone, if they arent crying in pain, they are OK!  :)
  Good luck on naps!  :)  Also some times if its really hard for them to go down for naps or bedtimes, Ill rub lavender oil on their feet and behind their neck, and BAM!!!  Works like magic! :) :)  

MzKim09
by New Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:21 AM

My DD (22 months) and DS (will be 4 in July) really never liked naps after 18 month mark. What we do is usually take all the toys away, lay them down, & turn the TV on to something they find unamusing (nature show, music channel, etc- basically something we would like, lol). Works like a charm! Occasionally, they might try to resist and whine a bit but usually within 10-15 min they are "out". Who can resist a good episode a "Duck Dynasty", right? Lol... Good Luck!

ttc

Emeraldmama7
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:07 PM

In my experience, some children just stop napping after a certain age.  My oldest two stopped napping shortly after their 1st birthday.  My son stopped napping around 2, and my 3 yr old will only nap if I get her up before her usual wake time (or in the car on long trips).  I believe she stopped napping around 2 as well. 

I say if your dd is at least having some down time, that should be good enough.  And her needing the lights and stuffed animanl are very normal as well.  Babies don't have any fear other than losing mama, toddlers have a hard time telling apart reality and their imagination....so monsters and the dark become issues around this age.

Jessa, mama to:  Alyssa (11), Mariah(9), Blake(7), Laila(3), and Athena born 9/14!!!

lambdarose
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Yes she does at preschool and not on a set schedule on the weekends but she does do it when she up to it.  It depends on the weekend if we are real busy. If we are out and about she usually naps in the car. but even if she doesn't sleep she is quiet and she is not running around on top of you. I think quiet time is still good with the sleeping involved.

sydjademom24
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:40 AM
Oh yeah. She turns 4 today and she still naps pretty much everyday. If there is something exciting going on she might miss one nap but that's not a normal occurance. She normally naps from about 2 or 3 till 4 or 5. So about 2 hours. But the last couple weeks she's been waking up at like 5am and coming in my room wanting to watch cartoons. So I have a feeling the naps will be stopping pretty soon. She's gotta get ready for school next year too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)