Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dental X-Rays on you kiddos?

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:52 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 149 Total Views

How often are your dentists requesting dental X-Rays for your kiddos?  My daughter is a May 2009 baby, and her dentist talked us into getting X-Rays back in May of last year (right around her third birthday).  Her dentist is requesting another full set of X-Rays.   He said that every 6 months is protocol and the norm.  Every six months seems WAY to often to be getting X-Rays on such little people.  She had a full set (8) of digital dental X-Rays in May 2012, and now another 8?   I guess I just need to get some outside opinions from moms with kids the same age.  Hoping my dentist is not just money hungry.  Every six months starting at age 3 seems like a lot....but I'm not a expert either.  :)  Thanks ladies!!

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Jemia
by Group Admin on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:19 PM

My kids get x-rays everytime they go which is every 6 months.

JoeyJrsMomma
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:16 AM

Joey (June 2009) had his first dentist appointment a few weeks ago. They said they would do a full set next time he comes, but that it wasn't necessary at this point. I think they said they would see what those look like and then decide how often they would need to do them. His teeth are very well spaced at this point so they don't think he will have any issues with crowding or anything so there was no need for the xray at this time.

deadlights86
by New Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:38 AM

Ugh I haven't taken him yet. I hope the dentist his metal gloves or he might lose a finger. My kids have to go to childrens hospital to see a dentist. Its the only good dentist around that takes our insurance I refuse to take them to the dental clinics.

ladyraven16
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:42 PM
Mine has gotten 3sets bit I've changed dentists once and he fell put of a tree last year and a stick punctured his hard and soft pallet so we had to get a couple for that and a ct also. My oldest will get them once per year or less unless a problem pops up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)