Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 1/2 Year Old Son Still Not Fully Potty Trained....Help! PIOG

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:52 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 386 Total Views

My son Nathan is having trouble with potty training. He is 4 1/2. He didn't start fully going pee in the potty with no accidents until right at age 4. Now we have been trying to get him to go poo in the potty and it's a battle everyday. He will have some markings in his underwear like he has tried to go or has held it in. When we see this we put him on the potty to try and go and he cries and screams like he's scared. We don't know why or what to do. There are a lot of times he just goes in his underwear. If I smell it, I will ask him if he went poo and he always says "I Don't Know" when he has gone. It's like he doesn't care to go in his underwear at all. We've tried rewardarding him if he went in the potty, but he wasn't interested. My other two boys were potty trained around age 3 so I am at a loss of what to do. DH and I have had some family members comment that he is just being lazy. I hope this makes sense. I have only made a few posts on here. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated. Thanks ladies!

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
megs424420
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 4:14 PM

I dont have any advice, but I am having a similar problem. I haven't been on cm in months. I logged in today looking for help too!

My son will be 5 in March. We were working on potty training at 3 when I was pregnant with my daughter, she was born July 2012, completely reverted. He started preschool last fall and he was potty trained (except pull-ups at night). Christmas break, and now he SHITS HIS PANTS EVERY FREAKING DAY!!  I'm at my breaking point. I too have tried everything, rewards, punishments, taking away privileges, making him wash his underwear, bribes, I don't know what else to do!! 

Piog

good luck!
khs09vallan
by New Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 2:07 AM
My son has been peeing on the potty since 3 1/2. But pooping we still have trouble with. He's a super constipated kid. His doctor says its because of all his allergies. So he takes fiber gummys and Miralax when.hes really backed up. He's was so jealous when his sister, 2 1/2, started pooping on the potty more than him. His doctor also said boys are the hardest to get fully potty trained. She said just have patience. So I praise him when he poops on the potty and give him cool stickers. So he tries harder to go on the potty with the incentive.
MommaGreenhalge
by New Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 10:15 PM
My middle child is the same way. He could crap his pants every day and not care. We started making him clean himself up, not making a big deal of it other than making him responsible for it. He is 4 and four months, and has just this week started pooping in the toilet consistently.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof2kids306
by Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 2:50 AM
My son will be 5 in September and we are having pooping issues again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)