Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Walk to Cure Psoriasis in Philadelphia

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:43 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 172 Total Views
1 mom liked this
  • My son set up a team to Walk to Cure Psoriasis in Philadelphia on Saturday, April 12, 2014 at the Philadelphia Zoo.  So there are five of us, including my daughter going out next weekend for this event.  
  • He has suffered from Psoriasis since he was an infant.  People used to think I was a terrible mother because he had bad cradle cap.  It wasn't pretty.  I had him tested for allergies, and everything else I could think of.  In the process I had it confirmed he was allergic to peas and peanuts, but no explanations for the skin problems.  Out of desperation, I tried everything and actually found something that would keep it under control.  It was a prescription I had been given when my oldest had a butt rash.  But when that tube ran out, it was almost impossible to get a doctor to write a new script for it.  Then it was removed from the market altogether.  I was told that it was something he would always deal with.  
  • So when he said he wanted a team for the walk, I didn't hesitate.

www.psoriasis.org
Learn more about psoriasis and why the immune system causes psoriasis to appear ...See more

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
whitewinterose
by Victoria on Apr. 5, 2014 at 8:53 AM

I have horrible scalp psoriasis. So I have a constant look of dandruff. Add to it my head is constantly itchy, which is embarassing, since it looks like I have a bad case of bugs. :( Nothing works on it, no shampoos. Actually the only one that used to help was Panteen's dry scalp would make it less noticeable but never fully helped. But they took it off the market. Those tars they have you use do nothing! 

If I was closer I would definitely take part in that walk. :) 

mapleleafwoman
by Group Owner on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:41 AM

I will ask my son what he does for his hair, but mostly he keeps it short, so probably doesn't have the same problems.  I am sure you have tried Head and Shoulders.

The only thing I really found that is on the market today is cortizone.... does help.

mapleleafwoman
by Group Owner on Apr. 12, 2014 at 1:38 PM

What a wonderful day it was for the mile walk, and then another three or more miles seeing all the animals in the zoo.  My daughter packed lunches for all of us which we also enjoyed while at the zoo.

To the left is my youngest that has bad psoriasis and was the person who put this team together.  Next to him is the recipient of his kidney.  As you see, both are doing extremely well.  Bill's wife is next to him and their granddaughter.  I am standing between my oldest two.  It was a perfect day.

whitewinterose
by Victoria on Apr. 15, 2014 at 11:33 AM

That is truly amazing!! And great to hear the kidney recipient took part and is doing so well! And it looks like it was a great day!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)