Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Undefeated Soccer Champions

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:16 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 136 Total Views

My daughter was talking for a number of years how she would like to find a team to play soccer with.  Growing up, it was her main sport, followed by hardball.  She always did well, usually playing sweeper, but sometimes she would get moved to offense and occasionally score a goal.  But life took her in different directions.

A couple years ago, she finally hooked up with a team.  I didn't see any of her outdoor games the first year, but did manage to see a few of her indoor games over the winter.  This spring she played again, and today her team won the championship.  Very proud of them.  They never lost a game all season.  Summer season starts next week.

by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Hiker11
by Amy on Jun. 30, 2014 at 6:43 PM
1 mom liked this

That is awesome. I am a big soccer fan myself. In high school there wasn't a girls team so I had to play on the boy's team. It was a lot of fun though. 

whitewinterose
by Victoria on Jun. 30, 2014 at 11:45 PM
1 mom liked this

That's great!! Good for her!! (well, and her team..haha)

mapleleafwoman
by Group Owner on Jul. 1, 2014 at 6:56 AM

The group has definitely come together as a team.  They all play very well together.  And what I like is that everyone gets subbed in and out equally giving everyone a good opportunity to get refreshed when needed.

mapleleafwoman
by Group Owner on Aug. 31, 2014 at 6:22 PM

I missed all of her summer games since they were all early on Sunday mornings when I am in church.  But I ran into one of her teammates who requested I be at their last one.  It was once again, the final playoff game.

Top - Showing off their jackets they just got for winning the spring season

Bottom - Summer Champions

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)