Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1st Miscarriage, not sure how to feel...

Hi Ladies,

So, I'm sorry if I am venting, but I will share my story.  I have a beautiful little son who is 14 months old.  We decided to try for a sibling and were lucky to get pregnant the first month.  At 8 weeks we had an ultrasound and saw a little bean with a strong heartbeat.  That put my mind at ease.  I was measuring 7w5d.  Then today (at 12w5d) I went in for a routine appt.  They couldn't find a heartbeat with the dopler, so they immediately did an ultrasound.  As soon as I saw the ultrasound, I knew something was wrong.  It didn't look large enough and there was obviously no heartbeat.  The dr. measured and it was only 8w0d.  I haven't had any unusual cramping or bleeding.  I had been feeling worried about miscarriage this entire time, but I thought it was just me being paranoid.  So, I am scheduled for a D&C on Tuesday.  What a horrible thought... but my doctor is worried about hemorrhage.  

I had tried to prepare myself for this just in case, but it still hurts!  It's horrible to un-announce it to everyone.  I had been so excited for the timing of the pregnancy.  I want my children to be close in age.  It's hard to greive the baby while also greiving the fact that all our plans are going to be different.  I have a strong faith in God and I know he has a plan for me.  I trust him completely, but it is still hard.  

I just wish I would have done my first ultrasound a few days later, since the baby seems to have passed days after my first ultrasound.  What an awful feeling.

I would love some advice on coping and moving on.  I would love advice on how to prepare for the d&c.  Thanks all.

by on Feb. 11, 2011 at 10:09 PM
Replies (11-13):
kmleverson1
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Today is 2 wks since I lost my baby. I'm so lost . This was my !st pregnancy I would luv some advice on how 2 deal with the Pain.

kittypurr
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:13 PM

nO ONE UNDERSTANDS YOUR PAIN UNLESS THEY'VE WALKED IN YOUR SHOES. SO SORRY! MAYBE PLANT A GRADEN FOR YOUR ANGEL?

busymommabear
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:29 AM

First of all, I'm so sorry for your loss.  I have had 2 miscarriages in the last couple years. The most recent was in April of this year and I had to get a D&C, which I really didn't want.  I know how heavy your heart is and I hope that you find a way to move forward.  But certainly, take the time to grieve, no matter how long. It's extremely important. Again, I'm so sorry you had to experience this and i wish you the best.  So sorry, momma.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)