Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi all

Thr first time I found out I was pregnant was on April 17 2010 almost a year ago... Long story short I miscarried at 10 weeks. Fast forward a bit and I find out I'm pregnant on Christmas day... My supposed due date from first pregnancy... Heres my issue... I'm still pregnant. No bleeding cramping or anything. All ultrasounds have came back great and I've heard the heartbeat multiple times. Last time was like 17 weeks I believe. I'm almost 19 weeks on Sunday. And I'm freaking out. Why do I feel like this is too good to be true.

I know what you're thinking... That I'm crazy and I've made it this far and the odds are everything is fine but I'm so scared I'm going to go to the Dr and he won't be able to find a heartbeat or the ultrasound will show a baby thats already passed.

My miscarriage really took the excitement and fun out of pregnancy. I'm so afraid and I'm haunted by what happened and what could happen. Any words of advice? I just want to feel good and happy about this pregnancy instead of scared and anxious.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 7, 2011 at 7:53 PM
Replies (11-11):
mommyofnoah208
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 6:47 PM

I am very sorry for your loss and congrats on your current pregnancy. I lost my son at 17 weeks in July and am now almost 15 weeks pregnant. You are not crazy at all, being pregnant after a loss is a very scary and stressful time. We have lost a lot of the bliss from pregnancy and it is hard to believe that we may actually get our healthy little baby. I am so fearful everyday. I am trying to stay hopeful and positive but it is hard. I ended up buying a doppler so I could listen to the babies heartbeat whenever I was getting too freaked out wondering if the baby is ok. I hope everything goes perfect for you and you are able to start to enjoy your pregnancy. I'm sure over the next while as the baby starts kicking a lot and you feel them regularly you will have more reassurance.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)