Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have any of these symptoms?....... It may be PCOS

Posted by   + Show Post

·        Irregular periods or no periods

·        Painful or unusually heavy or light periods

·        Irregular or absent ovulation

·        Hirsutism (hair on face, stomach, thighs, arms, breasts, etc.)

·        Alopecia (thinning hair or male pattern baldness)

·        High blood pressure

·        Infertility PCOS is the #1 cause

** although many women with pcos still get pregnant

high incidence of miscarriages

·        Obesity (especially around the stomach)

*** although thin women can have it also

·        Difficulty losing weight

·        Insulin resistance or hypoglycemia

·        Fatigue

·        Depression or SAD (seasonal affective disorder)

·        Mood swings, some women report feelings of anger or aggression

·        Acne

·        Ovarian cysts

·        Skin tags

·        Acanthosis nigricans (dark skin patches, often found on the nape of the neck, groin, under breasts)

·        High cholesterol levels

·        Decreased sex drive

·        Excess "male" hormones, such as androgens, DHEAS, or testosterone

Symptoms vary widely and it seems no two women have the exact same list of symptoms. If you think you may have PCOS, please see a doctor for a diagnosis. Don't be afraid to seek a second opinion, PCOS is notoriously under-diagnosed or misdiagnosed. If your doctor does not listen to your concerns, please find another doctor. So often I hear from women who have gone undiagnosed or untreated for years because their doctors would not listen to their concerns.

by on Nov. 24, 2008 at 12:39 AM
Replies (11-20):
kaelva
by on Mar. 17, 2009 at 11:11 AM

Quoting JaxsMommy182:

Quoting kaelva:

I have PCOS.  My husband and I tried for a year and a half to have our son who's now three and we tried another year and a half to get pregnant but I just miscarried (just as in still bleeding from it).

I am so sorry for your loss.

Thank you.  I think I'm still in shock.. It all happened so fast.  PCOS stands for Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome.

I_am_Blessed
by on May. 4, 2009 at 9:15 AM

I already have the junk. I can't stand it.

johnathan-1.jpg johnathan image by Lelesmith07l_6e422743a3d5055524cb824b784935f0.jpg picture by I_am_Blessed_2007ftstewart-1.png fort stewart image by kkreiselmeierPhotobucket preview image  preview image

Ashley97391
by on May. 6, 2009 at 10:19 AM

I have PCOS before i got pregnant with my son which i lost him at 21 weeks along i had the hardest time to get pregnant and i talked to doctors and everything and they kept telling me or its nothing dont worry about it so when i started looking on the internet and things that might be wrong i came across a PCOS site and started reading it and i have just about all of the signs and i went back to my doctors and told them this is my signs and she was like or dont worry about it and i told her NO I WANT TESTED NOW! and when they finnaly tested me sure enough i have it but now i lost my medicale so i cant get the meds i need so now i dont know what to do but that doctor made me so made if they would of tested before i got pregnant i probably would have my son right now

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dont forget to stop by and plant a Tree!!
Also check out my myspace page
http://www.myspace.com/Ashley97391

Free Blinkies I Love My Angel Son Blinkie Mommy to an Angel Blinkie Swim Spermies Blinkie ttcafterloss Blinkie Trying To Conceive #2Blinkie Clomid Chick Free Avatars Free Avatars Free Avatars
tacoslave
by on Jul. 17, 2009 at 6:03 AM

oh wow, I have 95% of those symptoms,... and when i was in the hospital getting an ultrasound, the technician mentioned that I may have it because she seen cysts and fluid around my overies,... and when i went to my doctor he said nothing about it,... and I've been going to him for the last 7 years....

I think its time to find a new doctor... -_-

mikaelasmama
by on Aug. 2, 2009 at 11:28 PM

I just found out I have PCOS and have suffered two miscarriages. Im changing my eating. But does anyone have any advice

CrisCain
by on Sep. 15, 2009 at 10:11 PM

I have PCOS also, I was diagnosed at 17. When I was 18 I had my first surgery to remove cyst from both ovary's. Me and my husband tried for a year to get pregnant, when we did I miscarried at 16 weeks. I had another surgery to remove cyst from my left ovary. We tried for 2 more years, and finally I went into anovulation. My doctor put me on Metformin. I got pregnant again and miscarried at 10 weeks. They did another surgery and this time they took out my left ovary. They put me back on Metformin and told me it could take 6 months to a year for my body to even be well enough to conceive, I had surgery in March 08 found out I was pregnant in July 08, and now I have a beautiful baby girl who is 6 months old. They told me thought that from all the surgery's and the stress from the pregnancy that I might not be able to have more.

paula3boys
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:14 AM

To the original poster, I think that it is debateable on the miscarriages correlation to PCOS. I have asked my endocrinologist and she said that PCOS makes it hard to conceive, but it doesn't affect miscarriage rate. Women with PCOS are said to be at the same risk of m/c as women without.

I was diagnosed with PCOS around 2003 or so, just after having my third child. I had it before, but never was diagnosed. I just miscarried a couple weeks ago, but my endocrinologist told me that it was not from having PCOS.

mommystar3
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:56 PM

There is most definately a high risk of Miscarriage with pcos !! you should read a Great Book by DR. Vliet M.D.

called Savvy Womans Guide to PCOS  or her other book which is one of my favorites called It's My Ovaries Stupid

CrisCain
by on Dec. 8, 2009 at 11:50 AM

I have PCOS, I got pregnant in 05 and miscarried, I got pregnant again in 07 after being put on metformin and miscarried again. In March of 08 they took my left ovary out, put me back on metformin and in July I was pregnant again. I now have an amazing little girl who is almost 9 months old.

CrisCain
by on Dec. 8, 2009 at 11:52 AM

My doctor said that me having PCOS was causing my miscarriages because my ovary was toxic from the cyst.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN