Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introducing Myself

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 1:16 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 579 Total Views

I'm a real work at home mom.  I have a transcription service as a contractor and subcontractor which I began in 2000.  I transcribe movie and television series commentary, governmental agency documents, hearings, witness statements, legal documents, focus group transcripts, and on and on.  I have 30 years experience as a legal assistant and 10 years as a telecommuter.

The telecommute is somewhat feast and famine - famine right now which is why I have time to introduce myself.  I would like to meet others in this field and discuss new business opportunities and markets, marketing ideas, and the like. 

I look forward to meeting other members of this forum and wish you all a happy and prosperous new year.

Sincerely,

Leslie

by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kellymsons
by Group Owner on Jan. 27, 2010 at 9:07 AM

Hi Leslie,

Its so nice to have you here. I definetly know what you mean by "feast of famine". I think its that way with anyone who owns their own business or works for themselves.

Im a writer and I organize events and fund raisers. It seems its either I have to much work or not enough.

Your line of work sounds like a lot of fun. How did you get started? Did you have to have a business license?

Need honest work at home advice from a mom who has been there?
Come visit me at  Telecommuting Truths. or the REAL Work From Home Moms Group here at Cafemom.

Read about my experieces with death row women at Woman Condemned

BizNurse
by Member on Mar. 12, 2010 at 7:43 PM

Hey Leslie.  I still do some medical billing reviews frrom home (I'm a certified medical auditor) , and I love the telecommuting if I HAVE to work for someone else!!  LOL!   Tim and I've pretty much replaced everything with our business from home, but once upon a blue moon ago we even did MT/MB until all of the outsourcing started... 

I don't often get into the forums here, but I'm always available on AOL or YAHOO IM as TxBizNurse or Facebook.....

Linda/CMAS, BS, RN

sbland28
by New Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:48 PM
Hey linda,
I am a telecommuter too and I am a contractor for a company that is Green. All natural. I do the marketing for them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cannon04
by New Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Hello Leslie,

How are things going for you now?

Right now our company is looking to hire Virtual Cus Svce Reps who are willing to invest in their own training and background check. Potential income is $8 to $12 per hour. Come visit us and request more information.

http://www.plymouthventureservicesllc.com/work-from-home.php

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)