Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hi! im a new distributer :)

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:36 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 377 Total Views
1 mom liked this

well...my husband is, and im supporting and helping him

i have not used many of their products as i am still nursing my 20 month old, but my DH is a walking advertisement

this is is story:

My name is Eric Compton. I am a recent addition to the AdvoCare team and I would like to share my success story with you.

May of 2011 we took a family trip to Sequoia National Park in California. While there, we took our kids on the Moro Rock trail. The tail is 1/3 mile long in the form of a giant staircase, it ascends more than 300 feet and consists of over 400 stairs. It took me a while to get to the top. Once I got up there I could not breathe. I was so out of shape and overweight, I had to rest  for over an hour before I was able to catch my breath and start the workout back down. The trip down was almost as difficult as the trip to the top
    That day, I told my wife that I was scared I would not live long enough to see my kids grow up. I vowed to her that I would do whatever it took to lose some weight. We took pictures that trip and I have attached one of me standing me next to my 6 month pregnant wife with a stuffed animal in the pocket of her hoodie.  I was much larger in the belly than she was. When we got home, I weighed myself and was astounded to see that I was at 327lbs.
    Previously, I had been in the United States Navy for 8 years. I was medically discharged due to an injury to my ankle and heel during some maneuvers. They told me I would never run again and most likely never walk normal again. I had 3 big surgeries and after the 3rd one I was told I would never be fit again for shipboard life. This news crushed me because I was on the fast track to becoming Chief and would eventually cross over to Officer. The news was depressing. It took a year before I was discharged and in that year I gained 70lbs. The major contributor to this gain was having to rely on crutches or a cane in order to walk for over a year.
     I was put on 6 different medications for health complications in that time period as well. I was medication for high blood pressure, high cholesterol, acid reflux, anxiety/depression and pain. I was also diagnosed with sleep apnea and prescribed a CPAP machine.
     After our sequoia trip, I signed our family up for membership at the Y.M.C.A. My first order of business was to cut out bread, soda, and dairy products. It was difficult, but cutting out bread was the hardest because no matter what meal I ate, I found a way to add bread to it. For the first 2  weeks I lost approximately 25 lbs. I loved the results, but soon started falling back into my old habits. I hit a point where I could no longer lose anymore weight, I was discouraged. The discouragement lead me to fall into old eating habits.
    A friend of mine was a distributor for AdvoCare, he had seen my journey and my struggles. He convinced me to try the 24 day challenge. At first I was reluctant to spend the money knowing that all the different tricks and diets in the past had done nothing for me. I decided to give it a try and started my first challenge. I made it my goal  to follow the program exactly and not waver from it; I was determined to get the most from it. I also started using a trainer at the gym who convinced me to start some light running, in order to add to my weight loss.
    It was difficult but I lost 47lbs. I was amazed at what happened and how I was feeling. I continued using spark after the challenge was over to give me the energy for my runs and work outs. I wanted to continue losing weight so I set a goal to lose 60 more pounds and to run in a half marathon. I had 4 months to complete my goal. 3 months in, I had lost another 43  pounds, but I hit another plateau. I didnt think I had it in me to lose anymore weight. I decided to do my second 24-day challenge. I had a little over a month until race time, and I still had 20 lbs to lose. I started this challenge, and started using MNS E. It was exactly what I needed!
    The day before my big race was also the last day of the challenge.  I weighed in at an astonishing 218lbs. I was feeling great, starting to look better, found a hobby that I had been told would be impossible and I had ADVOCARE as my guide!! From that moment I have continued using MNS products as well as Spark. I have used a few other products off and on, but these are my staples.  I recently decided I wanted to get down to a better running weight, so I completed my THIRD challenge; this time adding Catalyst and ThermoPlus (which I will continue both of these products from now on)!! I got down to 160lbs and have really trimmed down using the added products. I feel great! A few weeks ago, I decided that I wanted to join the AdvoCare team and tell everyone my success story, and encourage them to use the products I used to get to this point. I am excited about my results and have proof of what AdvoCare can do!

We started out on the bottom, and within 1 week have already moved up to the next level

im hoping we can move up quickly

if you have any tips on reaching ppl AND getting them to buy, please share them with me :)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

please forgive typos, short replies, poor grammar....NAK

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
acbbsmama
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 3:18 AM
What an encouraging story! I love AdvoCare and its hearing success stories like your DH's that makes me even more proud to be a part of such a great company. My tip would be to keep having mixers and telling your story. I wear an AdvoCare bracelet (helps with advertisement). If your area is having any events where you can rent a booth or table to set up your product go for it. That's how my sponsors found me. Your sponsors should be able to help you with that. Good luck!
jdpetersen
by New Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Love your story!  Welcome to Advocare. :)

I find myself handing Spark and Slams to people.  I've only been with Advocare for about a month and i've already gone through a whold box of Spark.  Start with family, friends, coworkers, people you go to church with, do mixer parties, put up fliers at your local store or post office.  The word spreads quickly and the products are awesome! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)