Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Do I have the right to be mad? ***PIOG***

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:22 AM
  • 3 Replies

I have worked for the same accountant for the last 4 years now, EVERY year we HAVE closed down for 2 weeks at Christmas time ( I come in on Tuesday to do payroll... NO BIGGIE) today he informs me we are NOT closing down for Christmas, which means no break before the tax season starts!!!! I have had no vacation this year I need this 2 weeks off to regroup and prepare myself for the tax season. I am so disappointed right now. What would you do or say.. any suggestions? Am I just acting like a jilted employee?

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
furbabymum
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:19 AM

Hmm that is a sudden change. I'd ask if you can take your personal time for those two weeks. I know our book keeper is totally run down during tax time. Maybe you could close for one week instead of 2. Anything!

Alicarm
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 10:37 AM
Unfortunately, the workplace keeps changing due to the economy, and this year seems to be really bad. We are expected to work more, without all the added perks we are used to. However, bad economy or not, everybody deserves downtime and it does not hurt to ask if you can take some personal days around the holidays. Worst your boss can say is no, but at least you asked.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rwive
by on Dec. 16, 2010 at 11:47 PM

Gosh what if you told him you already had plans..or to give you at least a 5 day weekend or something. I am sorry you have to work during the holidays, it sux when schedule changes suddenly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN