Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Single working mom or married working mom?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 9:55 AM
  • 33 Replies

How many of us are single and how many are married?

For the single moms- does the dad help out with anything besides child support (if he does that)?

For the married moms- do your husbands help out with things or do you have another person to take care of?

by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 9:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 9:55 AM

I am married and DH helps, but there are times I think he could do more.

IreneCarroll
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 9:56 AM
bump

jamberrypie
by Betty on Jun. 26, 2012 at 10:07 AM

I'm married, and my DH helps out in many ways around the house.  But, in regards to the kids, I think I end up doing more of the things that are necessary.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jun. 26, 2012 at 10:10 AM

single mom here. he doesn't help with child support, but if she is living with him I don't pay child support to him either.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Jun. 26, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Married mom here. Dh helps some but I definitely do WAY too much around the house and with ds. My inlaws are great and watch ds while I'm at work so it makes it a bit easier.

rissarin
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Married!
He could definitely help out more. I understand he works fulltime at a crappy job, but I also work fulltime and the last thing I want to do when I get home is cook supper, clean up supper, give LO a bath, etc. But if I don't do it it won't get done. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eatyourveges
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Soon to be married mom.  We both work full-time and share chores sot hat it works out to be around 50/50ish.  He pretty much does all the stuff around the house that I don't want to do and we're both happy :-)

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Jun. 26, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Are we married to the same guy? I swear all mine does is complain about ds being a brat! He's getting 4 teeth at the moment for crying out loud!!!

Quoting rissarin:

Married!
He could definitely help out more. I understand he works fulltime at a crappy job, but I also work fulltime and the last thing I want to do when I get home is cook supper, clean up supper, give LO a bath, etc. But if I don't do it it won't get done. :(

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Jun. 26, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Married. DH stayed home and took care of DS since he was born. He's working on a home business as well. He helps out as much as he can.  We have our roles though. He has done DS's laundry once since he's been born. However, he makes dinner 5 days a week and does 90% of the yard work.

mickstinator
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 11:13 AM

I'm married and we both work full time (he also goes to school). 

He does more of the housework and I do more of the childcare. It's easier on us that way. I have no problem with housework. I just don't have time for it. We put the children in daycare on a couple of his off days so he can catch a break and keep up with his schoolwork. He is bipolar, so I take his need for stability very seriously.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN