Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

annual review

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 4:20 PM
  • 12 Replies

My annual review is coming up in about 5 weeks. This is the time of the year when I start to get nervous. I have always done exceptionally well on my review, but this year more than ever I am hoping for a positive one and a compensation to match. 

In February, three jobs were eliminated at my company. When there are 6 people in the company, that's pretty dang significant. Two of the employees were hired back on part time, but my work load and responsibility has increased monumentally since then. I was originally told that I would have a review at the beginning of June that would include "compensation" for my new responsibilities by my boss, but it never happened. Since he told me that before he hired back the two employees part time, I decided to wait until my regular yearly review so that I could really solidify my new place.

Obviously the company isn't doing terribly well, but we've always pulled even. We just haven't been able to pay back much on our debts from when the owner bought the company five years ago.

I wish the next few weeks would go by faster. My anxiety level is just through the roof when I know it's coming up! 

Michaela
Wife to Mike
Mommy to Mitchell and Brody

by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Good luck! 

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Jul. 11, 2012 at 8:49 AM

Lots of luck!

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jul. 11, 2012 at 9:39 AM

good luck! we have annual reviews coming up as well, and people here don't look forward to them because they are a huge waste of time lol

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Good luck~

I'm interested to see our new review this year. The state has changed how educator evaluations are done. It isn't as subjective as it was and there are other areas included in the review. It also has four ratings that an educator can fall into instead of satisfactory or unsatisfactory.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Before the new company took over in March I hadn't had a review in almost 4 years :( I'm wondering if we might get one sometime soon that includes a raise to make up some for the paycut they did

mickstinator
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Quoting trfgirl56701:

Before the new company took over in March I hadn't had a review in almost 4 years :( I'm wondering if we might get one sometime soon that includes a raise to make up some for the paycut they did

I would ask for one. You don't even have to say anything about a pay raise! But I don't think it's ridiculous to expect a progress report on their end for your ability. It's basic communication. Any manager should see that, right? 

mickstinator
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Quoting mumsy2three:

Good luck~

I'm interested to see our new review this year. The state has changed how educator evaluations are done. It isn't as subjective as it was and there are other areas included in the review. It also has four ratings that an educator can fall into instead of satisfactory or unsatisfactory.

I always prefer a less subjective review. Sometimes it works in your favor, but I'd rather go off of merit than likability, which inevitably happens with a really subjective review. Good luck! I hope yours goes well. 

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:46 AM

So happy my boss doesn't subject us to annual reviews!

flutter523
by Tracy on Jul. 11, 2012 at 9:18 PM
Good luck! Let us know how it goes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flutter523
by Tracy on Jul. 11, 2012 at 9:20 PM
What state do you live in? There is all sorts of changes going on in NY for teachers. Luckily I work in an agency and not a public school so I'm not part of it

Quoting mumsy2three:

Good luck~

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)