Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Elmo!! Go AWAY!

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 11:00 AM
  • 11 Replies

I am so tired of Elmo!  DD begs to watch Elmo.  Sesame Street on DVR, Elmo's World on the iPod.  She is an Elmo addict!

This morning, DH gave her the iPod when she asked for Elmo.  When it was time to go, guess who had to remove it from her clenched fist and deal with the tantrum?  Yeah, not him!

by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Jul. 12, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Doh! LOL.  

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Jul. 12, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Not fun. Jackson hasn't seen Elmo that I know of. His new favorite show seems to be Franklin but The Fresh Beat Band would be a close 2nd. His favorite character would be Shrek though...luckily I've only had to watch it once since he got back on Monday lol.

BelindaDuvessa
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Cars...omfg Cars.  My oldest wore it out....my middle child wore out the second DVD....it's by far their favorite movie.  We've since switched to Over the Hedge and Megamind.  But Cars will probably be their all time favorite.  I think my oldest's record was to watch it 10 times in one day.....  O.O

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 11:26 AM

I wouldn't have such a problem with it if he wouldn't just give in.  Time for bed?  She asks for Elmo.  With me, it's a no.  With him, it's a yes.  And she won't sleep.  She will watch Elmo.  And he wonders why I get frustrated sometimes.

mickstinator
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 11:35 AM

haha. i purposefully hide the shows that i can't stand from the kids. so far, they've never heard of barney. i didn't realize how annoying some of the other shows were, though. 

i watched SO MUCH of wow, wow, wubbzy when my older son was 2 or 3. oh, man. that show is so annoying. 

mickstinator
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Quoting deccaf:

I wouldn't have such a problem with it if he wouldn't just give in.  Time for bed?  She asks for Elmo.  With me, it's a no.  With him, it's a yes.  And she won't sleep.  She will watch Elmo.  And he wonders why I get frustrated sometimes.

for some reason, my husband gives in to brody so easily. he's not like that with our other son, but he just has a lot less control with brody. it makes it so hard for me to enforce the rules necessary. 

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 11:37 AM
You and dh definitely need to be on the same page.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 12:30 PM
Ahhhh, the love/hate relationship with all media. I know about it all to well!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JadeStorm
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 3:26 PM
2 moms liked this

With mine its Yo Gabba Gabba CONSTANTLY...it was cute at first..Now I want to punch DJ Lance in the face.....

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jul. 12, 2012 at 3:29 PM

lol my dd loved Elmo when she was little too! But even more than Elmo, she loved Bear in the Big Blue House which used to be on Disney.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)