Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Could your hobbies make you money?

Posted by   + Show Post

What is one hobby that you have that you wish you could make money doing? 

I love to write, I wish I could make money doing it.

by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 12:09 PM
Replies (91-100):
leahsmom3711
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 11:25 PM

i enjoy photography and do it here and there to make money.. but not a business. its more a hobby i occasionally get paid for lol it wouldn't be as much fun if i HAD to do it

kellslovessoda
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 11:31 PM

i love reptiles amphibians and fish!!!! o and cats

CrystalPystol
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 11:34 PM

I don't make money at it but I also love to write. I have a blog and write for Cerebral Palsy Family Network. I haven't updated my blog in a while, but if you want to read that or my first article message me.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jul. 15, 2012 at 11:40 PM

I've recently stumbled into making beaded jewelry, I could possibly take those to a craft fair or something. I have also been working on perfecting my lavender heat therapy pillows.

alley13
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 11:45 PM
I crochet and sell hats, it makes more money than I would net if I went back to work and put the kids in daycare
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SaturnsMom
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Tattooing.
rkkeller13
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:33 AM
I make homemade bar soap from scratch and liquid soap and baby shampoo also from scratch. I'm getting my supply big enough to start selling here real soon and to do craft fairs and next year I hope to have a booth at our county fair.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larschick
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 1:04 AM
How?? I'm curious.

Quoting Nighttiger:

I turned garage sale shopping into a business and got all my kids stuff paid for at the same time :) Honestly though, I don't want to turn any more hobbies into businesses...then they become work. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sachab
by New Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 1:19 AM

i do too but most mine go to my daughter and twin nieces

KittenKrump
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 1:32 AM

My hobby is writing, I love writing. I've written one novel and am working on another. It is my life's ambition to become a best selling author and it breaks my heart when I hear about writers like that of "Shades Of Grey" or "Twilight" becoming huge because I know I could do so much better than they ever thought about. For right now though, I am focusing on going through college to become an English teacher.

When the heart of a thousand stopped,
Who was there,
Keeping time?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN