Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

I work 1 day next month....

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:41 AM
  • 13 Replies
When I started on this forum I was working full time at a dialysis clinic. Then it moved to part time.
Well we now have a new director who is changing everything!! There arou about 5 of us who work 1 day next month. The new director is working us just enough but not firing us, so no unemployment.
This is crazy! She's changing patient secheduals and sending some to the other clinic and the patients are PISSED!
She's trying to eliminate the night shift which is making patients mad also. We have quite a few that still work and that is the only shift they can make!

So I'm onn the search for probably 2 more part time jobs(Unless I can find full)!
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Healthcare is so crazy, *sigh* I am sorry.

mickstinator
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Wow, that sucks. I'm sorry.

My dad's company did something similar to him. They eliminated his position and moved him to a new position officially. He actually was doing the exact same thing for about half the pay. He stuck with it only because he had a hard time finding a new job. Thankfully, after a year of searching, he found his current job. 

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 17, 2012 at 12:01 PM

That really sucks~ I'm sorry and hope you can find something soon!

rissarin
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Quoting mumsy2three:

That really sucks~ I'm sorry and hope you can find something soon!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Jul. 17, 2012 at 12:18 PM

That sucks! I hope you can find something better soon.

elephantmamaof2
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 12:20 PM
Have you applied for unemployment? It's not just for losing your job completely, you may be able to get something for having your hours so drastically cut. Good luck!
flutter523
by Tracy on Jul. 17, 2012 at 12:35 PM
This is what I was about to say. Give it a try

Quoting elephantmamaof2:

Have you applied for unemployment? It's not just for losing your job completely, you may be able to get something for having your hours so drastically cut. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2012 at 12:45 PM

That is AWFUL!!!  Is there any kind of 'overseer', HR or board or something that you can lodge a complaint with?

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Any way you can check the labor laws to see if you have any recourse in maintaining your previous hours?

Diatech12
by Member on Jul. 17, 2012 at 3:31 PM
Quoting elephantmamaof2:

I would rather not just yet. My husband is working so we are ok. That and we are close to closing on our house and I don't want that to effect it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN