Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is your motivation to have a job? 

The career, the money, or something else?

Michaela
Wife to Mike
Mommy to Mitchell and Brody

by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 12:19 PM
Replies (21-30):
mom2boys664
by Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I have work issues, lol.  I saw my mom who was a sahm struggle and have nothing after getting divorced. Dad took off, paid no child support and ruined her credit. We mostly lived off the charity of family. I need to have the security and control of having my own income, my own career, and knowing that ds and I would be just fine if I was on my own.

Jenna511
by Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Money, Benefits, Tuition Reimbursement...i hate my job but i'm not super busy so i'm able to study and get my master's degree while working LOL

IBNeaters
by Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Although I do like my job, if money were no object, then I would be doing something else.  I was a stay at home mom and then I left, so now I have 3 jobs, but I'm working towards my own business.

cindy3511
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 2:39 PM
I would rather be at home but my DH can not work due to his motorcycle accident and is waiting on disability so I had to go back to work
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Abigail0210
by New Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 11:13 AM

The money....

We just built a house....to save for my daughters college....

isell_avon
by Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 11:14 AM

because we do need the money and i actually like my job. 

isell_avon
by Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 11:15 AM

and i would never want to be a sahm because i would go insane. Work is the only thing that keeps me sane.

Babujai
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Money, insurance and so I can interact with adults.  I'd go nuts as a SAHM, but I'm really shy, so without a structured non-optional environment like work I probably wouldn't have any friends.

campingmomof4
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 3:47 PM

My kids are all grown up.  I have 2 in college and 2 married.  I work for the health insurance and retirement $$$.  My hubby is a consultant so makes great money but no benefits. 

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 4:21 PM

I enjoy working.  I like the challenges and accomplishments and the interactions.  It can be stressful at times, but there are rewards to it.  I also work to be an example for my daughter.  I also like being able to contribute financially and the independence working gives and the sense of self and accomplishment.

I was a SAHM for a year when DD was first born and it wasn't for me.  Work provides me with an outlet and I find that I am a much more effective mom when I'm working than when I'm not and that I cherish every moment I have with DD so much more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)