Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Websites and Starting your own business...

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 10:21 PM
  • 5 Replies

My DH and I would like to start our own businesses eventually by starting small and growing from there.  We are looking into liquidating some things we have to start a power washing business which doesn't take that much to start up and run.  He will do it on the side to see if it works or not to get it built up.  I am looking into buying a website that's already made that I can build on.  I have some self published children's books but the sales aren't so good just listing on amazon.  I'd like to have some online businesses that generate ad revenue and continue to buy websites to have multiple streams of income coming in.  I just dont know how to get started.  I've looked at flippa.com, but I have to make sure I avoid scams as some of them are.  Anyway, advice?? thanks 

by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 10:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 11:05 PM
Oh I wish a could be more help, but I have no idea, here's bump for you, good luck!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Trans
by New Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Congratulations ....... This sounds a  great idea , but i have a very mixed knowledge about it , so can't help you as my suggestions can further confuse you. But , if you want then I can give you other Work at Home Job Oppurtunities options.

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 7:17 AM
This sounds terrific...but I'm sorry I don't have enough knowledge in this area to help. So, here's a bump. Good luck though, & keep us posted!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IBNeaters
by Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 12:30 PM

http://www.bluehost.com/

I'm not a geek by any means, but I used to update my church's website and this is what we used.  It's kind of a no-brainer and it uses wordpress as a template so you can just choose which ones you'd like your site to look like and just plug in information-no need to create anything!

elwalters77
by Erica on Jul. 23, 2012 at 2:22 PM

I'm using wix.com for my small business site.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)