Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

How do you make your writing experience enjoyable?

Posted by   + Show Post

From to-do lists to thanks you's finding the right writing utensil can be tough but it doesn't have to be. We gave 250 CafeMom members one package of PaperMate's revolutionary InkJoy pens and asked them to try it with their family. With the revolutionary ink system the new InkJoy pens offer moms minimal pressure for your hands while delivering crisp, clean lines every time!

Tell us about your writing experiences. How do you make your writing enjoyable?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 2:42 PM
Replies (211-220):
JMmama
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 7:35 PM

I like the Ink Joy pens. They right smoothly and the line is fine, not terribly thick, which makes it better for writing in small spaces like calendar squares. I also like the variety of colors. With 4 children, I like to color code things by giving each child a color and the variety of colors in one pack makes it easy.

I don't do any terribly interesting writing, mainly lists and things of that nature, but I do like using these pens.

Kmakksmom
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 10:28 PM

I just received my Papermate InkJoy pens this afternoon.  I absolutely love them!  My oldest daughter even snagged a few as soon as I opened the pack, only to come back about 15 minutes later and ask me to write something with one of the pens she took.  To my surprise she made one into a duct tape flower pen :)

Thank you CafeMom and Papermate for allowing me to try these amazing InkJoy pens!!

TigerofMu
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Hi!  I'm Sonja, from Wyoming.  As a teacher, and now as a homeschool parent, I have always looked for cool colored pens to make comments on student papers.  We live in a small town that doesn't have any stores, so we do all of our shopping in the major metropolis about 50 miles away (I say that totally tongue in cheek, as our major metropolis is probably smaller than most of your suburbs).  Our whole county has 75,000 people. 

I love to write.  I write here, I write there.  I have a blog, I am a writer, albeit a mostly unknown one at this point, and though I usually end up typing my final presentation, I write constantly.  I write lists, notes, lesson plans, comments on student work, journals, quick writes, cards, postcards, letters, and anything else you can think of.  I wish I'd have gotten the pens last week, because I spent the entire week in a writing class, where all day long we WROTE.  And these pens are so darn comfortable! 

I love the triangular shape of the pen.  It makes it easier for my finger to rest on the flat piece, and for the pen to rest on my other fingers.  The colors are vibrant and totally visible on paper.  You know what I'm talking about, right?  Sometimes when you buy colored pens, and they are so lackluster you couldn't see them if you highlighted them in neon?  These are not that pen.  These are beautiful, bright colors!   

I would totally buy these pens if I found them in the store, especially if they are not horrendously expensive.  And when I looked up the price online and saw that a pack of ten is less than $3, I'm definitely in!  I think they are a great buy and a way to "pretty up" your writing and give your hand a rest.

The only problem that I had was the turquoise pen.  The other nine worked great.  I had blue, black, brown, purple, green, orange, red and light green paragraphs, addresses, notes, and squiggles, but when it came time to use the turquoise one, I got one line and it was dead.  I guess it was a bum pen.  Other than that, I am extremely happy with this product! 

Happy Happy Pens!

Naughty Pen!

mnmo3bb
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 1:49 AM

I have to say AGAIN that I really like these pens! I am excited about all the colors! The last pen pack I bought that came in pretty colors only wrote in black :( BORING! My kids were very excited to finally get to try them out today! They all picked their favorite colors and drew me a lot of great pictures! I haven't had my hand cramp up and have been doing a lot of writing and note taking with them! I think the unique shape of the pen and the ease of the ink flow has been it easy on my hands to use for extended periods of time!!! Thanks again for these wonderful pens!!!!!!!!!

Matthew 22:37-40 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

auroragold
by Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 6:27 AM

"ooooooooooooohhhhhhhh RAINBOW PENS!!!"

That was the response from my 10 year old when I opened the package containing the Inkjoy pens.  And, after the first testing by yours truly - I have barely seen them since!

Yes, she commandeered them! Which is an excellent sign of how well they work. DD is a lefty and abhors most pens because she smudges the ink across the page when she writes. Not so with these babies! The hardest part is deciding which color to use!

momkaribg
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 8:16 AM

I love the inkjoy pens. They write smooth and i enjoyed all the different colors. I used them for work and at home. It was really helpful to color code my calender and to-do list with these pens. I will be buying them in the future.

KymberleeAnn
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 9:14 AM

I love a yummy pen, if the pen flows freely, and feels good in my hand I find writitng to be enjoyable regardless to what I use to write, but with a really nice pen it just add that extra little something.

a_and_j_momma
by New Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 10:35 AM

I received the Ink Joy pens and love the way they write. They write very smooth and make my hand writing look as good as it can lol. There is no blotchiness in the writing/ink., the line is just right...not too fine and not too thick. I love all the colors too! I let my kids draw with them. I took some to work and have been writing notes with them. I am not going to give them up :)

The only thing I did not like was the shape of the pen, they are triangular but once you get used to them, they weren't bad.

I would recommend trying them. There are so many colors they are great for crafts or organizing your thoughts. For me, different colors mean different things when I am taking notes so it helps to separate my thoughts without having to draw a line.

natesmom1228
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 11:07 AM

I love the ink joy pens. The colors are great and very vibrant. I took some of them to work so I could color coordinate my projects. They are so easy to write with and give clean smooth lines.

I didn't have any cramping or hand problems while using the ink joy pens. I also used them to sign a couple thank you cards to my neighbors. I was able to pick the same color that the envelopes were. I am all about color coordinating.

I was so happy to be chosen for this influencer program.

Barabell
by Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 1:00 PM

I normally love the fatter pens too, and so when the package first came, I was wondering if these pens would make my hands cramp while using them. I have a fatter mechanical pencil that I use at home for just about everything for that reason. But I agree with you that these pens are still easy to use since they are easy to hold and since they write evenly with very little pressure.

I was very impressed with the quality of the pens after using them.

Quoting jerzeetomato:

What can I say that hasn't been said already?  These pens are super fun!  10 Great colors to choose from - who wouldn't love that?  Since I work from home by myself, these pens certainly do add a pop of color to my otherwise ordinary day!!

Even better, they feel good in my hand.  I have arthritic issues in my right hand and arm from many years of desk work, and holding the Inkjoy pens does not cause me any distress.  I generally like fatter pens, like my Cross Edge gel pen, because they are easier to hold, but the Inkjoy writes so smoothly and easily, I don't need a tight grip or have to apply a lot of pressure when using them.  Clean lines and no smudging are an added bonus!

Papermate gets two thumbs up from me - and I am almost certain my teenage daughter is going to want a set of these all to herself!!

Thanks CM and Papermate for sharing the joy with me!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN