Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

OMG She is acting 2!

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:59 AM
  • 9 Replies

DD is almost 2.  She is already acting that age.  If DH and I go someplace together, she will start acting up, which she has never done before.  If it's just me, she behaves fine.  At home, if she is told no, she will have a screaming fit, until I remind her that fits are only to take place in her room.  She has been whiny, and thinks she runs the house!  Do I have a whole year of this to look forward to?

by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Oh no, you have a whole 3 years of this to look forward to from what I'm told. Terrible 2's, Threatening 3's and Fearful 4's. Threatening 3 because you are threatening to kill them, and fearful 4's because you are afraid you may actually do it! :)

Really, it depends on the kid. DS has always been a really calm kid. We don't get too many tantrums, but they are there. On Saturday, I'm not sure who replaced our DS with a terror, but all day he was just nuts. He was in time out 3 times in his first hour after waking up. He was back to normal (thankfully) on Sunday. One thing that really helps is to give her choices (if you are not already). For example, instead of saying its bath time, ask if she wants bubbles or no bubbles in her bath. Instead of bed time, what book does she want to read. Instead of it being time to get her shoes on, which shoe does she want to put on first (left or right) or offer her to choose her pair of shoes for the day. It helps for our kid at least if he feels he has some control. If you can't give an option, then put a time on it. "I need you to get into your car seat in the next 3 seconds on your own, or I put you in". About 80% of the time he climbs in on his own at 3 seconds. The other 20%, I put him in whether he likes it or not.

Good luck :)

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:14 PM

All three of mine were much worse at 3 than they were at 2, lol. Hopefully she's getting it out of the way.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:29 PM

You don't have a whole year of this.....you have a whole 16 years of this.  haha

M4LG5
by Valeri on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:30 PM


Quoting mumsy2three:

All three of mine were much worse at 3 than they were at 2, lol. Hopefully she's getting it out of the way.

3s were WAY worse in our house.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Okay, so I guess my mantra for the next 20 years is "You can't be as bad as your oldest sister"?

 

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:50 PM
Ds was much worse at 3
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leahbeah143
by Leah on Jul. 30, 2012 at 1:56 PM

 

Quoting M4LG5:

You don't have a whole year of this.....you have a whole 16 years of this.  haha

 lol! that's what I was going to say!

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 3:11 PM
Sorry, just try to remember how cute she looks between the fits and tantrums. And know you are not alone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Jul. 31, 2012 at 8:54 AM

I feel your pain! Jackson has been a holy terror lately but I found out it was because he's FINALLY cutting those canine teeth. We've had 3 pop through in the past couple weeks and I know the 4th isn't far behind. I'm not looking forward to his 2nd set of molars, unless he's working on those now too, I have no idea because he won't let me check and he'll bite me if I try to feel around in there lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN