Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Cleaning, cleaning, cleaning!!! What's your best suggestion(s)?

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:37 PM
  • 24 Replies

We have shared several posts about cleaning so tell me about your best suggestions one post at a time for organization, cleaning schedule, products to use....anything you want.  We all have busy schedules and I need to get back to one with my family.  I am in NEED of some good tips for kitchens and bathrooms especially but would also love to hear about organizations for backpacks, shoes, laundry, etc.

by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:40 PM
I have a hard time keeping up with cleaning
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:42 PM
I have plans on doing a deep cleaning soon. I think it'll help because I won't feel so overwhelmed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:44 PM
Ds cleans the table and kitchen counter daily.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:45 PM
I do laundry once a week and we each have our own dirty laundry basket.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:46 PM
I use bleach on everything
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:48 PM
I clean the kithchen daily and sweep and mop it once a week
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I love Pine sol.  Just the smell makes you think clean.  That will get me in the mood to continue with the kitchen.  I have a rule that it should take no more than 5 minutes to tidy a bathroom for unexpected guests.  This means the sink is wiped out every  morning, I use my face washcloth, which goes immediately into the hamper for washing.  The tub gets scrubbed no less than once a week, usually just before I shower, so I can rinse at the same time.  Toilet is scrubbed once a week, including windex on the exterior surface.  For quick mops, I use the swiffer, for my weekly mop, I get on my hands and knees and scrub.  Laundry is done once a week, with no sorting, so very little white is worn for DD and I. 

mom2boys664
by Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 1:30 PM

I have a coat/bookbag/shoe station by the front door.  We put up two rows of coat hooks, one high, one low. Kids bookbags and coats on the lower, ours on the upper.  Big basket underneath for all kids shoes.

Laundry - each person has a hamper, one person's clothes are washed, folded and put away at a time throughout the week, kindof on a rolling basis, but I would like to set a day for each person.

Cleaning - I start with a list of tasks (ie clean master bathroom, vacumme bedroom 1), determine how often they need to be done and assign them a day(s) of the week, then put them on a chart so that each day when I get home I can see...Monday - Clean Master Bath, Dust Livingroom, etc.

My problem is clutter - it's a never ending battle that leaves me exhausted.  If I could just clean, I would be fine, but the never ending stuff that accumulates dives me crazy.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jul. 30, 2012 at 1:30 PM

I have to vacuum once a week because my dog gets his fur everywhere, and at the same time I'll usually wash the sheets and at least throw the comforters in the dryer on hot to get the fur out.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jul. 30, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Swiffer dusters are my bff! I have them everywhere including in my glove box of my truck lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN