Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

How do you fit in exercise ?

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 7:40 PM
  • 30 Replies

by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 7:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bubbie0809
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 7:41 PM

I am not doing a good job of fitting it in, both myself and husband need to go, but with everything else, it is hard to find enough hours in the day.

rfurlongg
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 7:46 PM
I take a pilates on Tues / Thurs at 2pm so I make sure not to schedule anything at that time. It is my priority. I do cardio (running or biking) before work 3 days a week. Some wks I just cannot peel myself out of bed in time to run during the week, so I run Sat and Sun morning when I am not as pressed for time and do not have to be up as early. My goal is to run 3days a week, I just squeeze it in whenever I can.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 8:31 PM

I don't and that's whi I've gained so much weight. I'm thinking about joining the YMCA and quitting one of my jobs, so I'm hopiing to get some exercise done.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:31 PM
I'm making myself.do.30 minutes at some point in the day. It will be easier now that I'm not coaching but I have either the morning before work, at lunch, or after work. My husband is supportive of me going for a run so when I tell him I need to go, he says "ok".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsary
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:33 PM
Its part of my job! =). If am unable to do PT I wake up around 315 and do a TaeBo dvd or something.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrazedMomof2
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:19 PM
I wake up before work to run or bike. I've been swimming 2-3 days a week at lunch but the will end in a couple weeks. And a couple nights a week I will bike or do core work. I try to throw in a DVD when I can too. I get anywhere from 30min to 2hrs A day of working out 5-6 days a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:55 PM

It takes my lunch time. With everything else going on, there is no other way to fit it in. When its nice out, I go for a 3.5 mile run (usually takes abut 32 minutes) 4 days a week and do yoga 1 day. When its cold, I take longer lunches about 3 days a week to hit the gym and just work thru my other 2 days to make up the time. Currently with the workout in there I'm going from 6am to 9pm with no breaks without working on my business. Nights where I work on the business, its 6am to 11pm.

momof2ex1
by Member on Aug. 5, 2012 at 12:50 AM
I'm horrible about exercising but I do pay rent at the local gym every month lol I was going at 5am for about 45 min but then I got burned out and started enjoying my sleep. I seriously need to get back on the wagon. Morning is the only time I can go. I'm out the door by 715 and I don't get home until about 630 every night. I hit the ground running once I am home and by 930 I'm laying on the couch mumbling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lydlou02
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 10:10 AM
I'm in takwondo on Tuesdays and Thursdays. So far I'm only an orange belt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vertical15
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 11:22 AM

I work evenings and my husband picks the kids up and takes them home to bed so when I get off work, I go to the gym and workout then.  Its night time or not at all.  I also try to take the kids places that we can get some movement in like hiking or long walks in the neighborhood.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN