Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Bad Customer Service

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 5:15 PM
  • 9 Replies

I ordered a new stove/oven on Saturday.  They were to deliver it today.  I was supposed to have a call yesterday to give me a time for my father in law to be there.  I ended up having to call them last night, and was told between 12:30 and 2:30.  Told FIL and he said no problem.  I got a call around 1:30 this afternoon from the delivery company.  He said he was there at 11:30 and no one was home.  I told him that was because I was told 12:30 to 2:30.  He said he would have the guy out around 2:30.  Okay, no problem.  He said he would have the guy call a 1/2 hour before. Ok, no problem.  I just got a very rude message from the guy who will be delivering, like it's MY fault no one was there the first time they came by.  When I get a call about the service, they will not be getting high marks.

by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
rissarin
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 8:30 PM
That stinks. The customer is always right! ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this
The good news is that I got home and there was a new stove. I even used the oven, even though it is about 100 degrees here right now!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:15 PM
Yay for new appliances! I would call and complain about not being notified and given the right time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lydlou02
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 11:32 PM
I just learned a lesson from bad customer service today: before dropping off a watch for repair take pictures.
They broke my DH's watch!!! F that!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lydlou02
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 11:36 PM
I hate having things like that delivered. I wish I could just have them leave it on the porch.
When I got my bed they brought the wrong mattress. Then I noticed a piece missing. Instead of just giving me the piece they had iy delivered. Then they FINALLY brought the right mattress, more than a week later.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hapsand123
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Oh I had a guy like that. The actual service guy was great, it was all the other people I talked to. They kept rescheduling on me for a routine checkup on our air conditioner. They kept saying they had other people that actually needed service. And my husband fussin them out and said, you know if those people would have done routine checkups like we are trying to do then it wouldnt have happened. and if you keep rescheduling on us then thats going to happen to us. They had someone out here a couple of hours later. 

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:44 AM

That's just annoying. I don't understand why they make an appt with you and then just show up whenever they please...or don't show up at all. We were supposed to get Dish at one point. We set up the appt around 10am so that they'd be done by the time we left for work at 130. They never showed up and my hubby called and rescheduled for the next day. Another no show. He called them and told them that if they can't bother to show up they can just nevermind. They said that if we want to ever get Dish in the future they'll give us a discount for the crappy service.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:52 AM
Ugh, hate stuff like that!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mickstinator
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Wow. Yeah, we had a similar problem when we ordered our fridge from Sears. They were pretty bad at communicating delivery times and seemed to blame us for the confusion. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN