Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms
Are you part of one? How do you feel about it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 5:17 PM
Replies (11-18):
mickstinator
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Quoting deccaf:

I am not and never have been.  I don't know how I would feel about it.

I am the same.

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:54 AM

I'm not, nor have I ever been in a union. I've seen both good and bad come from unions, so I think it would depend on the union and how they operate. There is a lot of current abuse with unions and we only seem to hear about the bad, but we can never forget that the unions help pave the way for things like OSHA standards that keep all of us safe, among many other things.

Bubbie0809
by Gold Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:58 AM

no, there is no union for what I do. 

M4LG5
by Valeri on Aug. 9, 2012 at 11:56 AM

no.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Aug. 9, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Nope

campingmomof4
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 12:41 PM

I don't think there should be unions in public jobs(jobs paid by taxpayers). Example police, firemen and teachers.   They shouldn't have unions and go on strike to hold the taxpayers money hostage to get what they want. 

Unions where needed in the 30's and 40's for factory's because of the conditions the people worked in.  We don't have those issues as much now.  I understand them being in a private business if the people want them. 

Barabell
by Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Yes, I'm a union worker.

I am also a government employee, and with all the craziness that happens in the legislative process, it's important that the employee's interests are represented. 

I am supportive of my union. Some unions leaders do push for too much, and some times they cause their union to break or give a bad name to unions. I feel overall that the representatives of my union have been fair. 

Barabell
by Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 10:04 PM

I respectfully disagree with you. In all honesty, the workers do not want to strike. 

Quoting campingmomof4:

I don't think there should be unions in public jobs(jobs paid by taxpayers). Example police, firemen and teachers.   They shouldn't have unions and go on strike to hold the taxpayers money hostage to get what they want. 

Unions where needed in the 30's and 40's for factory's because of the conditions the people worked in.  We don't have those issues as much now.  I understand them being in a private business if the people want them. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN