Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

city or country?

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:00 PM
  • 32 Replies
If you had the choice would you pick 5 acres and a farm house barn and all, with a 1.5 hour commute, or a house in yhe city, close to work privacy fence backyard with an above ground pool?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lydlou02
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:00 PM
I better Mapquest the commute, just to be sure it's not longer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mickstinator
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:10 PM
Not sure. I live in the suburbs. Hour commute to the city, but an actual, affordable house with a yard.

Hate the commute, but love the town.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:15 PM
So is that 3 hours on the road total every day? If so I would go with living in the city.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lydlou02
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:08 PM
I just Mapquested it. Round trip is 2.5 hr.
But thanks to city traffic the "short" commute would be 1.5 hr a day.

Quoting Marti123:

So is that 3 hours on the road total every day? If so I would go with living in the city.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:12 PM
I would pick the city, but I love living in the city and hate commuting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2boys664
by Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:33 PM

I live in the country and have a 3 hr round trip commute to the city. I honestly don't mind the drive most days, use the time on the phone (hands free, lol) to catch up with friends, etc. but it's the traffic that makes me crazy. I have the option to work from home occasionally and should probably take more advantage of that than I do. We don't have a farm, but live near the shore in woods that backs up to salt marsh and are 5 min from the ramp to put our boat in. I was raised in a suburb, so I am sometimes overwhelmed by the maintenance on this much land. On the other hand I am sometimes in awe of the beauty, peace and quite of living in these woods :)

christyg
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 12:06 AM

There MUST be a better option half-way. We live about 20 minutes from the closest town and hubby commutes 45 mins. Anything more than that is tooooo much!!!

However, the pool might be enough to convince me :)

preacherskid
by Silver Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 12:08 AM
COUNTRY!!!!! Lol, I grew up in the country, and will always love the quiet of nothing but crickets and spring peepers at night. For me if I were to afford a farmhouse and five acres, the commute would be worth it for my girls to have a country childhood.
Lydlou02
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 12:36 AM
It sure would be a change from having the train run right behind our house.

Quoting preacherskid:

COUNTRY!!!!! Lol, I grew up in the country, and will always love the quiet of nothing but crickets and spring peepers at night. For me if I were to afford a farmhouse and five acres, the commute would be worth it for my girls to have a country childhood.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shari55
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 5:31 AM

I would prefer the country, but the reality is the city because we don't own a car...and need the mass transportation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN