Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms
If you had the choice would you pick 5 acres and a farm house barn and all, with a 1.5 hour commute, or a house in yhe city, close to work privacy fence backyard with an above ground pool?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:00 PM
Replies (11-20):
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Aug. 9, 2012 at 8:24 AM

That would be a really hard choice, I would probably go with country. I don't think I would be happy living in a city. Then again I would get tired of the commute pretty quickly too.

I am in the country~ my commute is less than 10 minutes. My husband's commute to work is about 45min one way.

christaberk
by Christa on Aug. 9, 2012 at 8:35 AM
City.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:14 AM
Country for sure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Hmmm that's a tough one. I love the country but hate commuting and with living in TX a pool would be a huge plus for me. Now if I didn't work I'd say country all the way and just put in a pool :)

momofsixangels
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I would love the country but couldnt stand the commute

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:14 AM

I would choose in between.  I live in a suburb of San Diego.  Short commute, but not in the city.  I grew up in the country, love it, but everything is so far away.  Plus I can always go back and visit country when I need it.

Babujai
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:36 AM

City please.  I grew up in NYC, live in STL, but way out in the county.  I only have a 20 min commute but I pass farms and livestock on the way. 

Bubbie0809
by Gold Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 11:00 AM

house in the city, I am not a country girl at all. I wouldn't know what to do with all that land. 

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Aug. 9, 2012 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Right now, I would take the house in the country. I already have an hour commute and I'm too close to my neighbors! Oh yeah, and a pool here is more work than its worth :)

campingmomof4
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 12:45 PM

I commute about 45 mins each way(on a good day).   I live in the country have 3 acres, big house, inground swimming pool.  Very quiet neighborhood.  I love it.

Would never live in the city. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN