Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

If you had an extra room in your house what would you use it for?

Posted by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 2:39 PM
  • 47 Replies

by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy404204
by Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 2:40 PM

we do have an extra room and it is used for storage because we dont have bvery big closets

Bubbie0809
by Gold Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 2:42 PM

I would have an office, right now I work in my bedroom. 

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 3:01 PM
I would like a bigger kitchen. OR sotafe so i could finish the basement. And I could make a 4th bedroom! Pr wine cellar.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4healthyeats
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 3:19 PM

OFFICE

southernbelletx
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 3:21 PM

We have an extra, and since we are moving it has become our junk room. lol. It's just full of crap.

mickstinator
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 3:29 PM

i think a workout room. either that or a study/office. 

i'd also love for my husband to have a "man cave," but at this point, a study would get a LOT more use! ha.

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 3:51 PM

We have extra rooms.  We finished off our basement almost 2 years ago and built a very large family room, office (could be 4th bedroom as it has a full window), 3rd bathroom, large storage closet and even larger storage room - all of which are considered "extra" rooms as we lived just fine without them before. :)

What I want now is to buy a sauna and put it in the unfinished side of the basement - and spruce up that side a bit.

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I forgot about that.  We do have a workout area with a TotalGym, stationary bike & weights along with a TV and boom box (yes, we're old school, LOL) on the unfinished side of our basement.  We're hoping to 'spruce' up that side (without officially 'finishing' it with drywall, etc.) and make it more like an actual workout room.

Quoting mickstinator:

i'd also love for my husband to have a "man cave," but at this point, a study would get a LOT more use! ha.

opal10161973
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 3:56 PM

An office.  I hate that DF has the computer in the dining area.  It mucks it up and papers get all over the table.  Then, we end up eating around papers or move them.  Moving them can cause disruptions to the household harmony because then someone gets upset if they can't find something they need.  UGH! 

mickstinator
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 4:01 PM

I can't tell you how many times I've wished that Texas had basements! I'd LOVE that extra opportunity for space! If we stay in our house for a long time, we will probably finish out the garage and use that as an extra living space. 

Quoting the3Rs:

I forgot about that.  We do have a workout area with a TotalGym, stationary bike & weights along with a TV and boom box (yes, we're old school, LOL) on the unfinished side of our basement.  We're hoping to 'spruce' up that side (without officially 'finishing' it with drywall, etc.) and make it more like an actual workout room.

Quoting mickstinator:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN