Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think "honesty is the best policy"? Why or why not?

Posted by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 2:40 PM
  • 10 Replies

by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 2:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4healthyeats
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes.  As long as honesty is delivered with tact and class which is a skill that I'm still working on.

mickstinator
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this

yes, with tact. being honest isn't an excuse to criticize or hurt people; conversely, it's reality isn't an excuse to justify a lie. a person should have the common sense to know when honesty is the best and when a quiet tongue is the best.

TheJs
by Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 3:36 PM
this.

Quoting 4healthyeats:

Yes.  As long as honesty is delivered with tact and class which is a skill that I'm still working on.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrazedMomof2
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 4:11 PM
Usually. If its done right!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 5:24 PM

I do. Lies normally come out in the end and it's even worse then if you told the truth from the beginning

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Aug. 11, 2012 at 10:24 PM

This.

Quoting mickstinator:

yes, with tact. being honest isn't an excuse to criticize or hurt people; conversely, it's reality isn't an excuse to justify a lie. a person should have the common sense to know when honesty is the best and when a quiet tongue is the best.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 10:25 PM

I also want to add that lying is a huge thing to me. I feel like if you lie about one thing then you'll lie about everything and I will question everything you say.

janitablue
by Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Honestly all depend on the certain situation. This is my philosphy in life I would not lie to you but I am not going to tell you everything that is on my mind.

eatyourveges
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Well said :-)

Quoting mickstinator:

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Same here

Quoting janitablue:

Honestly all depend on the certain situation. This is my philosphy in life I would not lie to you but I am not going to tell you everything that is on my mind.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)