Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Howdy, Neighbor!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 3:41 PM
  • 46 Replies

At my job we all work in cubicles.  Management likes to shake things up fairly regularly and have everyone move to a new cubicle for a variety of reasons (re-organization, lots of new employees, to break of cliques).

So we just had a major move and I've got a new cube neighbor.  He drinks very strong, dark roast coffee all morning, which I can't stand the smell of.  On the other hand, he's a major foodie, as am I, and we have great conversations about food and trade recipes, which is awesome.

How's you're work set-up? Have any great or horrible "neighbors"?  What's your ideal work environment?

by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 3:44 PM

I have my own little office behind the rest of the accounting ladies.  I can close my door when I need to.  It really cuts down on the bs I have to deal with from them.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Aug. 17, 2012 at 3:49 PM

I have my own office in a building with student workers and one of my best collegue friends that is shouting distant.  haha.  We use google chat to connect with each other too.

We used to be in another building where our offices were facing each other and a hallway separated us.  We still talked even if people were walking between us.  haha  She is HILARIOUS.

Mena929
by Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I have my own office with a sliver of a window. I also have the smellist co-worker ever. His teeth are brown and he doesn't drink coffee or smoke cigs. He is just nasty. I used to have to share an office with him. It was the WORST!

Babujai
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 4:07 PM
Eww!

Quoting Mena929:

I have my own office with a sliver of a window. I also have the smellist co-worker ever. His teeth are brown and he doesn't drink coffee or smoke cigs. He is just nasty. I used to have to share an office with him. It was the WORST!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leahbeah143
by Leah on Aug. 17, 2012 at 4:16 PM

I share a cave of an area with my boss and one other girl, and for the most part it's awesome! It's quiet, we can listen to whatever music we want, everyone leaves us alone. . . the only thing that sucks is no windows.

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Aug. 17, 2012 at 4:23 PM

I have my own office at the end of the hall.

mattsmate
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 4:24 PM

I have a door. We all have offices. But we all have windows right next to our doors too. So you can cut down the noise but not the viewers.

Wife to Matt (7/12/09) and mommy to Samara (10/2012)

big smile mini

flutter523
by Tracy on Aug. 17, 2012 at 6:03 PM
I have a classroom with awesome neighbors! We're all close coworkers and get along great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Aug. 17, 2012 at 9:59 PM

I'm in a classroom. My coworkers and I share the same space.

StaceyAmber
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 12:15 PM

I have a little area behind the lobby (hotel). IT's gets kinda crowded in there sometimes, it's the area everyone clocks in at and gathers to chat sometimes. Mostly I'm at the front desk or in my boss' office though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN